Samsung Game Mode...

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by kayzee, Jun 17, 2015.

1. kayzee

kayzee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    After reading several different articles it seems the general consensus is to run with Game Mode on... I *think* I can notice the difference lol, gaming does seem tight and graphical wonderful anyway.

My query is... is there a way for the PS4 or TV to know that I'm gaming, and have it on only when I'm playing a game. Now when I turn back to a different source, it switches off, and that's perfect. But when I use the PS4 it'll stay on even when I'm using other things such as iPlayer or watching a Blu Ray. I don't think the systems are intelligent enough to know what I'm doing with the PS4, is it?

Not the most annoying thing in the world, but it does mean remembering to switch it over every time. Some times it doesn't notice too much, but I was watching Breaking Bad the other day and it looked awful! Until I realised Game Mode was on :eek:

2. raduv1

raduv1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,429
    Had the same sort of thing but my tv forgot to switch off game mode when I went to watch a film through my BD player. I thought the tv had broke for a second or two. It's very strange to have the game mode in the system settings rather than picture settings, same with sport mode but I wouldn't touch that I'd I were you as it's even worse picture.

3. kayzee

kayzee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Yeah Sport Mode is horrible, but there's a dedicated button on my remote! Which is mega handy... shame they haven't done this for the Game Mode as well :(

I wonder if there's a way to map the buttons at all?