Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 pre order

Parry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having spent 20 mins in the samsung store playing the Z fold 2 im in .
I've pre ordered with EE in mystic black , roll on 18th .
Playing with the Z fold was like playing with the first apple iPhone, it felt so futuristic and amazing,its definitely the most innovative product since the first iPhone.
The build quality is other worldly, I turned it over almost expecting to see an apple logo on the back its that good .
Anyone have much experience with the fold 5g and thinking of upgrading ? If not why not ?

Last edited:
So wot da ya fink?
Gonna buy??

Haven't used one yet, but have purchased it and should 'fingers crossed' arrive any day now.

DPD are delivering my 6 day late Galaxy Z fold 2 tomorrow morning woop woop.
It's been a along wait .

Samsung currently offer £300 off the fold if you trade in any old phone.. Gave my mate an old Windows phone and he got 300 off instore.

20200923_075118.jpg
20200923_075118.jpg
Mine arrived today, unfortunately I thought there was an issue with the screen as there is a line down it from top to bottom, then realised it's the pre installed screen protector. Such poor quality control to be so I'll fitting.
Anyone Samsung say you shouldn't take it off unless they do it for you, I can only assume that's because it's suppose to fit closer the the plastics around the screen. Needless to say with a 3-4mm gap it was very easy to peel off, very poor quality screen protector and the screen is so much clearer and brighter with the protector off..

Thinking of getting mi e removed , apparently you can turn up to some stores and have it removed.
I wonder if removing it effect your warranty or the one time offer of screen replacement.
Absolutely love the phone , everything I hoped it would be and more

Did you guys buy it with the 300 off with trade in?

Did you guys buy it with the 300 off with trade in?
I got mine for £1484 from Samsung online when I traded in a broken phone and used the 10% referral code that is available. You can get more off by using TCB/Quidco and Samsung Pay (5%).

Samsung slightly messed up the delivery time so everyone who pre-ordered from Samsung got a £50 voucher and pair of Buds Live

Last edited:
Absolute bargain that is pal, yeah I received £50 from EE for mine coming 5 days late , buds live would have been nice ha

So how is everyone who got one of these enjoying it? I'm personally loving mine. Could never go back to a normal style phone again i feel lol.
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Loving mine.
Where is your case from? Any flexibility on the front case? How's the lip on the front as well?

Yeah it's still a game changer for me, the only problem for me is I can't put it down for long lol, I am watching and doing so much more than usually would on a phone but guess that's the point of having phone that turns in to a pc/tablet ha.
Had mine over a month now and I still get the wow when unfold it.
Batter life and blistering performance is just incredible, I'm getting 7-8 hours an screen time and still going to bed with 20% battery.
Cases has been the biggest problem to date, I did pre order and receive 2 cases before the fold release date so I was good to go as soon as I received the phone but manufactures have been very slow off the mark in releasing cases.
I have the original Samsung Aramid cevlar kick stand case which is my favourite but down side to this is there is no front screen protector, Samsung need to make a front case made from the same material as this would then be my go to case then.
My main case now is Araree bonnet case from funmobile UK costing £35, it offers the best all round protection and usability, it is a nice real leather case but does add a little more bulk to the phone.
I'm not usually a bit fan of these types of case as you have to open the cover to see on screen notifications and time but as I use the Samsung watch 3 with it it's works really well.
I'll using this case until a thin carbon front case is found.
I've tested several other cases with front protection but they get in the of using the front screen,and make an already thin screen thinner, things like Edge tab and swiping up from the bottom of the screen are made usablilty so they are no go for me.

Last edited:
Just found and ordered this just for the front part to use with my Samsung kick stand case

Loving mine.
Where is your case from? Any flexibility on the front case? How's the lip on the front as well?

The case was from ebay. Was about £15 They have a choice of about 15 patterns on the back. The case is pretty solid. I dont feel it moving at all on the front and love that the back covers everything including over the camera glass too.
Heres a couple more pics of it so you can see how much it comes forward from the front aswell.
nrigz4S.jpg
7Hp1eBA.jpg

Just had a text from EE to say they are sorry that my Z fold 2 did not arrive on time.
Samsung would like to say sorry and have issued a pair of galaxy buds live and £50 credit to my ee account.
Great news that.
Anyome els get this with EE?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom