Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Announced (2018)

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
It does and I had mine that way, with the new animations though it actually feels more fluid having the animations at 1x and reduced animations off. Strange i know but it does feel nicer actually.
Yeah, there's probably no need to do it the long winded way since the toggle was included in the settings. It's just something I've done for years.

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Yeah, there's probably no need to do it the long winded way since the toggle was included in the settings. It's just something I've done for years.
I always did too. To be fair 0.5 under developer options is a faster animation than reduced under the Samsung overlay.

I quite enjoy the animations now :blush:

Skull n Bones

That's the wrong settings menu mate, look under settings and then in that menu you will see advanced features. Looks like you've gone into google settings or something?
You're correct lol sorry, bit of a blond moment there :blush:. They were already switched on but I'll have a play about with the 1x etc. Don't like this new keyboard the update has brought tho, so a bit of playing about to see what else is available.

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Just had something very strange happen. Loaded a game, suddenly a loud pitched noise that freaked the dog out, looked at screen and it looked glitched, couldn't do anything apart from cover the speakers as best I could. Then it went off and now it won't come back on 🤷‍♂️

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
Just had something very strange happen. Loaded a game, suddenly a loud pitched noise that freaked the dog out, looked at screen and it looked glitched, couldn't do anything apart from cover the speakers as best I could. Then it went off and now it won't come back on 🤷‍♂️
Sorry to hear that. Should still be covered by warranty?

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hear that. Should still be covered by warranty?
Thanks mate, I've contacted them on Facebook to see what I get back but good to have options! I bought it from Argos but not even going to bother as they were useless last time I had an issue with something I bought from them.

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
I seem to be getting somewhere with Samsung chat which is good. I had to take the tablet out of the case to read the serial number an hour or so ago, just picked it up and the back section next to the power button feels warm compared to the rest of the tablet. It is on a sofa and hasn't been touched. Very strange.

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
They're picking it up tomorrow. Hope if it's the screen I get a good panel back, my first S4 had bad banding. Tbh though, the noise it made etc I think it's something else...