Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 & Sky Go

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been given an old Galaxy Tab 3 (perfect condition) but it doesn't quite cut it with Sky Go streaming. My phone, a Honor 6x, streams it fine Huawei Honor 6X - CPU so have the possible idea of trading in the Tab 3 at Cex for a tablet of equal or better grunt to my phone. Not really up on mobile cpu's so looking for some recommendations with what Cex sell. Budget before trade-in is about £70. Bigger would be better but I can live with 7".

thanks

Been given an old Galaxy Tab 3 (perfect condition) but it doesn't quite cut it with Sky Go streaming. My phone, a Honor 6x, streams it fine Huawei Honor 6X - CPU so have the possible idea of trading in the Tab 3 at Cex for a tablet of equal or better grunt to my phone. Not really up on mobile cpu's so looking for some recommendations with what Cex sell. Budget before trade-in is about £70. Bigger would be better but I can live with 7".

thanks

Sorry for the late reply - I've had a quick look on CEX and it suggests the trade in value of the Tab 3 is around £30 so you looking at a £100 budget?

I'm not sure there's much you'll get thats hugely better for £100, I'd think really your looking at something like a Samsung Galaxy Tab A but a recentish one would appear to be more than £100.

You would likely get away with something like a Huawei but while the newer ones are good I don't know enough about the older models to recommend one.

Sorry for the late reply - I've had a quick look on CEX and it suggests the trade in value of the Tab 3 is around £30 so you looking at a £100 budget?

I'm not sure there's much you'll get thats hugely better for £100, I'd think really your looking at something like a Samsung Galaxy Tab A but a recentish one would appear to be more than £100.

You would likely get away with something like a Huawei but while the newer ones are good I don't know enough about the older models to recommend one.

Yeah, I think I need to up the budget and maybe wait for black friday or another good sale (and maybe forget about Cex). Will also want full hd.

Just to finish up on this. I ended up selling the Tab 3 privately for £40. And bought a Samsung Tab A (2017) 10.1" (manufacturer's) refurb from Argos Ebay outlet for £76. Full years warranty and not a mark on it. Sky Go playback is flawless and battery is lasting. Well chuffed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom