Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 - 4G capability

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by RajP, Feb 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RajP

RajP
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Hi All,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 19500 phone that I had purchased from Amazon back in May 2013. It said that it was HSPA+42 Mbps and 4G LTE capable. Now that O2 have started to enable 4G on their customers accounts, I was told to upgrade my phone's software by O2 to enable this. However, when I check on the phone, it shows that the most upto date software is already on it. Do I have to wait for the 4.4 Kitkat version for this to work? I tried with Kies and it shows the software is upto date.

I spoke to O2 and this is what they gave me.

"Please find details of how to upgrade your handset software to version 19505XXUFNAD (4G) below.
    Visit the Samsung Phone Firmware Update Site to see if you can upgrade your phone's software.!"

Upgrade URL:
    SUPPORT | SAMSUNG UK

They assured me that I should be able to upgrade my software to this without any issues however, all possible options of upgrading do not work.

I know that I have 4G coverage in my area as my wife's IPhone5S is showing it. The S4's setting for Network show as WCDMA and GSM. This is what is selected. The account has been enabled for 4G and so is my sim card.

I have also sent Amazon a question on this too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA. Raj

2. Sve

Sve
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    I might be wrong but there are 2 versions of the S4, the 9500 and the 9505, only the 9505 is 4G
    compatible.

3. RajP

RajP
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    Thanks.. looks like it.. though it did advertise as 4G on Amazon so will be reverting back to them..