Samsung Galaxy S3 - Problem syncing Facebook

A

Andunemir

I have a problem that seems to be frequent but I still haven't found the solution for in other forums.

I've never really liked the Facebook app for Android. Found it really glitchy and slow compared to just using the browser. My old HTC had the Facebook for HTC sense app separate from the Facebook regular app so all the Facebook integration went through there and I didn't have any issues.

Now I've moved on to the Galaxy S3 and the app is just a constant nightmare but the main problem is it can't access the friend list for some reason. So that means I can't sync my Facebook contacts with my phone contacts because it just can't find a friend list (if I go to the Facebook list of friends on my contacts it's only me). If I upload a picture and try and tag somebody using the app I have the same problem so I'm guessing it must something app related.

I've tried restarting the account sync (when I stop syncing there's always an error message saying the sync is currently experiencing problems) and uninstalling/reinstalling the app but I still have the same problem and I really can't think of anything else.

I have to add that as soon as I got my phone I imported all my contacts from my Google account. I don't know if that might be the root of the problems.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Have you added Facebook for syncing in the settings 'accounts and sync' on your phone?

Try that.

I have that and the Facebook account and have no problem syncing my friends.

neuty

Have you added Facebook for syncing in the settings 'accounts and sync' on your phone?

Try that.

I have that and the Facebook account and have no problem syncing my friends.

neuty
As I said in my post I've tried restarting the account sync (when I stop syncing there's always an error message saying the sync is currently experiencing problems), removing the account and adding it again and uninstalling/reinstalling the app but I still have the same problem.

I suggested that one as it means I have 2 running

I have the Samsung Facebook account and the official Facebook account.

Bar that I'm a bit stuck.

Do you have any other accounts that act the same?

neuty

I suggested that one as it means I have 2 running

I have the Samsung Facebook account and the official Facebook account.

Bar that I'm a bit stuck.

Do you have any other accounts that act the same?

neuty
I see. My phone didn't offer me the Samsung account before even after registering so I hadn't thought of that. Still doesn't solve my problem. That account only syncs gallery and calendar, not contacts.

Nope, so far everything else works fine. Whatsapp and Skype that are the other accounts I can sync contacts with are OK.

Sorry but I am stuck.

Hopefully someone will know what to do.

neuty

Sorry but I am stuck.

Hopefully someone will know what to do.

neuty
I've downloaded an app that syncs contacts although it doesn't have access to phones and e-mails like the original FB app (which is quite a big drawback, to be honest) but will have to do for the moment. I think the solution is down to FB to fix the syncing unless anybody else comes with another solution/app...

I have stopped using the normal facebook app and use Friendcaster instead. I haven't had much problems with facebook syncing.

Jay

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom