Samsung Galaxy S2 (Part 3)

I got tired of waiting so I flashed the latest Nordic firmware yesterday using Odin.

Rizza

I got tired of waiting so I flashed the latest Nordic firmware yesterday using Odin.

Rizza
I am not that desperate but I am considering the S4

Continuation of old thread http://www.avforums.com/forums/samsung-mobile-phone-forum/1527976-samsung-galaxy-s2-part-2-a.html.

Any news on JB for unbranded phones, and for those who have carrier branded firmwares that were recently updated, has there been an impact on battery life?

Rizza

I've done my OTA update to 4.1.2 on O2 yesterday. Not much testing done, but I haven't notice any additional impact on my battery life today. After about 20 hours (6 hours of phone being idle while I was asleep, and 12-13 hours of my usual use) I still had 50% of battery left. So about the same as before.

I do like the update though. Phone feels much quicker and more responsive. Some good additions and tweaks as well.

Remember to backup all the email accounts in the email app, I lost all of mines and can't remember passwords to some of them anymore :facepalm: (my fault, I know).

My o2 SGS2 was updated to Jellybean a couple of weeks ago. Battery life seems worse and I have mine in power save adjusted brightness etc as before. I like the responsiveness of it and the big thing for me is that it doesnt turn off the screen so easily which did my head in when reading a webpage. Im due an upgrade in a couple of weeks but really would need an S4 before I can see the point now.

SIM free are not getting any

My o2 SGS2 was updated to Jellybean a couple of weeks ago. Battery life seems worse and I have mine in power save adjusted brightness etc as before. I like the responsiveness of it and the big thing for me is that it doesnt turn off the screen so easily which did my head in when reading a webpage. Im due an upgrade in a couple of weeks but really would need an S4 before I can see the point now.

Not what you want to hear but a factory reset may solve your issues. I read about it all the time on other forums.

I bought an S2 from the forums and its locked to T-mobile. Anyone guide me in unlocking it?? I have order a sim card from Giffgaff which I think i will be using.

I am downloading Kies now but what else do I do/need??

I don't know if this question has been asked before about the Samsung Galaxy S2 but ever since the update to JellyBean my husband's phone has just gone totally weird. We both have the same phone, bought them at the same time and both updated to JellyBean. My phone seems to be fine, although I have notice the battery doesn't last as long as it did now.

However my husband's phone just keeps on getting really hot and when he charges it by the time it's got to about 70% he gets a message saying the phone is too hot and can't charge any more. Within minutes of him taking it off charge the battery is empty!

I've done a factory restore and also bough a new battery but didn't make any difference. Took it to the local Samsung repair centre yesterday and they say it isn't a Level 1 or Level 2 fault and needs to go somewhere else.

Fortunately the phone is still just inside it's warranty but the people at the repair centre said they've seen a lot of this problem lately and I wonder if anyone else has had the same thing and if they got it sorted out.

Thanks

Lyn

Rizza

I did the same a couple of days ago, T-Mobile STILL hadn't even mentioned anything about releasing the Jelly Bean update so I got fed up and flashed it too.

Bugga !!

Cracked the screen on my S2 today, no display or anything, proper fubarred :mad:
Have looked around ebay for a replacement screen but I'm confused as to the varying prices, ranging from about £60 to £100 :confused:
Why the price difference ?
Is it just "greedy" sellers with the £100 versions or are they different ?

I don't want to buy the wrong one :rolleyes:

Is this the right kiddy ?

LCD Display With Touch Screen Digitizer For Samsung Galaxy S2 II i9100 Black | eBay

Or can anyone point me in the direction of a cheaper option ?
I still have over 6 months of my contract left and I'm back to using my 3GS for the time being, my god the screen is crap and soooo small :eek:

Please help ;)

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Cheers for the update on the update Carl, checked again and now downloading :thumbup

Cheers for the update on the update Carl, checked again and now downloading :thumbup

I have an unbranded phone currently on firmware version
PDA:LSS/PHONE:MS2/CSC:LS4(XEU)

After connecting to Kies on my PC it says new firmware is available
PDA:LPT/PHONE:LQ6/CSC:LPA(XEU)

Can you confirm if this is the Jellybean update please?

moggyminor, I didn't use Kies on mine, just did the update over WiFi so it didn't give me a firmware version, just said an update was available which was about 391mb in size, took about 40 minutes in total to download and install.
It is now running jb 4.1.2 and seems to run a bit more smoothly than before - battery life didn't look good today though so I'll need to read up on that :-(

I'm reflashing this, I'm a bit OCD about having the correct CSC. I don't expect any further updates after this, but I think Samsung did relatively well providing 2 major android updates on it. Apart from Nexus devices I think this is the most updated Android phone I can think of.

Rizza

I think that's ICS.

Rizza

Finally got an OTA update to 4.1.2 from Tesco Mobile yesterday... The first thing I noticed was that my wallpaper was a strange resolution but after redoing that I'm pleased with the improved smoothness and other tweaks, although the SWYPE is slightly different which I'm still getting used to. Battery life appears to be about the same thus far.

No update for me :(

I am on PDA:LPT / PHONE:LQ6 / CSC:LPA (CPW)

Hopefully it will appear soon............

Currently, Samsung UK can confirm that the roll out of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) on Galaxy S II...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom