Samsung Galaxy S10

My Buds turn up on Tuesday, on the redelivery I had said to leave with a neighbour if nobody was in. DX did just that, without even trying my address!

I'm still away so will have to wait until Saturday to give them a go.

Buds are perfect for my needs. Once they're paired, they instantly connect to the phone once you take them out of their case. Perfect for the gym.

Got my buds today too. Currently have a bluetooth headset with a wire between that cost around £12. I set the buds to dynamic and they sound ok, but not much (or any) better than my £12 pair. If I'd paid £130+ I'd be sore, but as a freebie they'll do just fine.

I'm loving my buds

Battery life is fantastic and can use them when riding my motorbike.

Is there anyway to answer phone calls by using only voice when wearing them!?

samsungupdate.jpeg

Anyone else get this update yesterday? Fingerprint recognition is much improved but still not as fast as I'd like it to be.

Got the update, now my phone keeps randomly restarts. Running in safe mode at the moment see if it helps.

Well, 2 factory resets later and im still having issues. Even in safe mode the phone keeps freezing and restarting. Randomly too, so can't put it down to a conflicting app. Off to the repair shop i go...

Has anyone used the Samsung Update Programme before? Just wondering of the downsides?

The chances are I would keep the phone for 2 years anyway so it sounds as though if I refuse an upgrade after 12 months I would just continue to pay the monthly instalment. Is that correct?

Has anyone used the Samsung Update Programme before? Just wondering of the downsides?

The chances are I would keep the phone for 2 years anyway so it sounds as though if I refuse an upgrade after 12 months I would just continue to pay the monthly instalment. Is that correct?
Yes. You'll just carry on paying for the full 24 months and the phone is paid in full. No downsides, it's interest free for 2 years.

Decision time. I'm due an upgrade. To clarify I'm not actually on a contract, I bought my s8 second hand for cash. My contract is a sim only deal.

But my wife's s7 is looking the worse for wear so she's eying up my s8 and I'll move up.

Question is, is it worth me skipping a year and going for the s10? I've read some reviews that suggest the s9 isn't really that big an improvement from the s8 so would I be better off skipping the 9 and going to the 10?

Its my 40th in May so my wife has said she would cough up for a 10, although I'd probably check the classifieds to save £100 or so.

Looks like I'd have to pay about £300 for a used but nearly new s9, or around £700 for an s10 in similar condition.

Any thoughts here from those who have had them both? I could of course get one on contract over 2 years but it would be much the same price as buying it new off contract, about £800 over the 2 years.

Last edited:
It says it's a European model, no UK model, but that is fine given your location (although a usb lead knows no international borders). First class recorded does not fully insure the value of the item though and most of the negative ratings seem to be about awol orders

Not the end of the world on postage, I could ask about paying extra to cover the value, plus if it goes awol I'd just claim back via PayPal.

What's the difference in the European model? I'm in Ireland, but I have a UK contract and number.

Christ - this thing's been off charge since 6 this morning. Used it a fair amount, mainly surfing and texting. Still showing 31%. Compared to my previous iPhone X that's insane. Love it.

Has the update came to give a notification light as previously talked about? I rely on the little LED on my S9 and if the S10 doesn't have it or something good to replace it with then I might have to skip the S10 or try a different brand altogether. Which didn't work out too well with the Huawei last time.

Decision time. I'm due an upgrade. To clarify I'm not actually on a contract, I bought my s8 second hand for cash. My contract is a sim only deal.

But my wife's s7 is looking the worse for wear so she's eying up my s8 and I'll move up.

Question is, is it worth me skipping a year and going for the s10? I've read some reviews that suggest the s9 isn't really that big an improvement from the s8 so would I be better off skipping the 9 and going to the 10?

Its my 40th in May so my wife has said she would cough up for a 10, although I'd probably check the classifieds to save £100 or so.

Looks like I'd have to pay about £300 for a used but nearly new s9, or around £700 for an s10 in similar condition.

Any thoughts here from those who have had them both? I could of course get one on contract over 2 years but it would be much the same price as buying it new off contract, about £800 over the 2 years.

Generally I wouldnt upgrade to a model that is one year newer. Much better to upgrade to a model 2+ years newer.

It depends on what you do with you phone. If its mainly twitter, facebook, whatsapp then the S9 will perfom those tasks pretty well. If you do like to do some gaming (graphic intensive) then the S10 will perform better. Personally I buy the best I can afford. If you can afford the S10, then go for that. If not get the S9. There is a big price difference. You have to weigh up if the extra money is worthwhile.

If you buy the phone directly from Samsung, they do offer a 2 year payment plan and dont charge any interest. So this is another way you can make the purchase "lighter" on the wallet.

If you buy the phone directly from Samsung, they do offer a 2 year payment plan and dont charge any interest. So this is another way you can make the purchase "lighter" on the wallet.
Thanks

Any idea when samsung generally start to drop the price, or will that not be until just before the s11 lands?

I take a lot of pictures and play a fair few games too so the s10 is definitely appealing.

Do the galaxy bud carry case charge the buds as well ? I used the right one for a few hours the other day. Went to use both of them today and they're both on 100% ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom