Samsung Galaxy S10+ Review & Comments

These sorts of prices are hard to stomach when Xiaomi are upping their game considerably. The next couple of years will be very interesting indeed...

These sorts of prices are hard to stomach when Xiaomi are upping their game considerably. The next couple of years will be very interesting indeed...

Agreed. I've had the P20 Pro for quite a while, got it for around £350 after cashback, selling free headphones etc.

I've pre ordered the S10 but only because of a 20% discount via work and ability to sell earbuds putting it at around £530. If I had to pay £799 id avoid, just seems way way to much for any mobile in my opinion. Especially with same great offers from Huwaei, Xiamoi and others at the £300-£500 mark now a days.

I've pre-ordered the S10 and passing my, still going strong, S7 onto my girlfriend. Couldn't resist the upgrade and will be selling the earbuds to claw back a bit of cash. Roll on Friday!

For the price better my new Xiaomi Mi 9.

It scored about 375.000 in AnTuTu. :)

My S10 is preparing for dispatch as I type! As for the camera cutouts, check out this guys wallpapers! They are designed to use the camera eye. (He has S10+ pics too)

Google Matt Cabb galaxy S10 wallpapers

Attachments

• Photos.zip
    105.8 KB · Views: 201
  • s10-r2d2-dark.jpg
    s10-r2d2-dark.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 341
  • s10-bb8-dark.jpg
    s10-bb8-dark.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 338
  • D0a-9N-WoAI-Gul.jpg
    D0a-9N-WoAI-Gul.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 301
Price is 7/10 ? Really? So a mobile phone is OK-ish to cost £1000 these days.
I guess vanity has it's price.

While I agree that pricing on phones is slowly creeping up to the far to much range at the same time there stuffing more and more and more hardware and software into these phones that there basically a laptop in your pocket and most people that I know use there phone much more than there computer as its something many of us have on our body a lot of the time if not most of the day. Considering what people pay for high end laptops it isn't that crazy really. Especially if you only upgrade your phone once every 4-5 years or something. Iv had a note 4 for what feels like a decade now so the upgrade is huge for me.

I wouldn't call wireless phone to phone charging as innovative when the Mate 20 Pro has had it for months. It is handy though :)

Does anyone know if the ceramic backed version mentioned is more or less durable or shatter resistant than the glass one? Or purely cosmetic?

Does anyone know if the ceramic backed version mentioned is more or less durable or shatter resistant than the glass one? Or purely cosmetic?
The internationally recognized Mohs scale of mineral hardness places ceramic slightly lower than diamond and sapphire. This means that no mineral can scratch the ceramic back except for diamond and sapphire.

With that in mind, why isn't the ceramic version being plugged as the most robust version then? And in terms of the drop test?

A heart rate sensor in a phone?!

Ceramic should be more resistant because there are numerous crystals in it. With glass one fracture can spread through the whole piece.

Price is 7/10 ? Really? So a mobile phone is OK-ish to cost £1000 these days.
I guess vanity has it's price.
Not just a mobile phone, though, is it?

Too easy to remove apps when not intending to do so,means I have lost interest in this overpriced rip-off.
If you press and hold the home screen, you should get an menu that says "Home screen settings". There you sould have an toggle switch - "Lock Home screen layout" that prevents the icons to be moved.

The internationally recognized Mohs scale of mineral hardness places ceramic slightly lower than diamond and sapphire. This means that no mineral can scratch the ceramic back except for diamond and sapphire.

There is a reasonableness test though, because sandpaper would probably scratch it. Same as the junk in my pockets!

Moving to an S10 from an iPhone 7. Been a while since I've been on android (HTC desire I think) so should be interesting!

The S10+ shouldn't really be advertised as having dual front facing cameras as only one of them is ever used to capture a picture. The other is just a depth perception sensor for the portrait mode.

I bought the S7 new at ~£450, when is the yearly price increase going to end :D Mi Mix 3 will do me @ £400

any bench marks comparing the Euro to US processors.

so if you want 5g when available these will be useless?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom