Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Part II

Anyone else having wifi connectivity issues since the recent update??

None at all here either. Can get up to just over 100mbps on 5GHz channel with a Virgin 150mbps feed

CPW still asking £529.00 for a sim free Note 3, I would have thought they would have been slightly cheaper now after the amount of time they have been out. £450 sounds about right to me. Mmm so tempted to give it another go.

CPW still asking £529.00 for a sim free Note 3, I would have thought they would have been slightly cheaper now after the amount of time they have been out. £450 sounds about right to me. Mmm so tempted to give it another go.

I got mine from phones4u for £499.99 sim free, slightly cheaper than carphonewarehouse.

EE had it pay as you go for £459 (including £10 top up) but their phones were resealed, had two samsung stickers, so you could see the first sticker was cut but another samsung sticker over it, and as I'm OCD I didn't want it. Plus sim free get updates quicker, has less bloat ware and worth more when it comes to sell (and easier to sell)

I've gone back and forth from s4 to iPhone 5s to note 3, to iPhone 5s to htc m8, to iPhone 5s, to nexus 5, to s5, to iPhone 5s and finally back to note 3. Definitely my favourite.

I kept going back to apple as their stuff is slick, and i get annoyed with the android stutter and lag and worse performing apps (I.e netflix still not hd on most devices, and other apps I use are jerky and not smooth) but as soon as I go back to apple, while I love the slickness of ios, the limitations and lack of freedom annoy me and then android calls me back.

And despite so many android phones being released the note 3 is still relevant. I mean look at the newer s5, my note 3 has more ram, more internal storage (32gb/64gb options as opposed to s5 16gb/32gb). Most android phones become old news very quickly in the spec race but note 3 hasn't.

Also what draws me back to samsung devices are the amoled screens, I literally cringe when I see backlight bleed and poor blacks on the iPhones and other lcd phones. I know some might not care but I use mobiles for media consumption more than actually calling people, and if I'm in bed I enjoy the note 3 for watching a film much more than on the iPhone 5s.

If apple started using amoled screens on a bigger phone I'd be tempted to go back, infact realistically I'll probably yet again start my OCD cycle when new phones are released buying the new iphone, then note, then next galaxy s...rinse and repeat :D

Last edited:
I'm going to experiment using a Moto G as my main phone for a week....... I'll miss the camera on the Note.

Rizza

One thing I have noticed is that there is a difference maybe between cpw handsets & p4u ones?
The charger cable from cpw connected to the plug via the right hand side & the ones from p4u is via the top of the plug.
Strange or what

Right looking for a 64gb card for this. Cpw had them on offer for £20 a week or so ago but now back to £40. Anyone know we're best to grab one. Also how do ya put movies onto the handset etc. Cheers

If you are using a Windows PC, just drag and drop the video files directly onto the phone/card.I usually just create folders for Music,Photos and Videos on my SD card to keep it all neat and tidy . Don't know the deal when using a Mac.

Can't believe how much some people are paying for phones SIM-free! I wouldn't buy from Amazon again, but the N3 at Handtec is only £432 and I trust them absolutely. I've bought several phones from them over the years and they've always been completely reliable.

has anyone had issues with this since the update? i joined 3 last week on pay monthly to take advantage of unlimited internet and 4g, but since a phone update on friday, at work, in central chelmsford which last week had awesome 4g, i get no signal at all, not even 3 g.

would this be the phone as i noticed when walking around town yesterday, it dropped occasionally. should i route and get a new firmware on it?

has anyone had issues with this since the update? i joined 3 last week on pay monthly to take advantage of unlimited internet and 4g, but since a phone update on friday, at work, in central chelmsford which last week had awesome 4g, i get no signal at all, not even 3 g.

would this be the phone as i noticed when walking around town yesterday, it dropped occasionally. should i route and get a new firmware on it?
I am on 3 and has had no issue at all whatsoever. My phone is SIM free. I can get 4G and 3G(H+) Wifi working properly. The only new thing I have seen is the download booster and the child mode and new knox.

One thing I have noticed since the update is that the GPS icon is now labelled "Location" and that the time / weather widget on the home screen will no longer update my location from Wi-Fi or mobile data, but insists on Location being turned on. Is this part of Google taking over our lives?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom