Samsung Galaxy Note 20 phones. Whose buying....

Itā€™s a fair point but I think the other pluses outweigh it.
Unless if you use the spen then yes no contest. But if you don't need the spen, it's a really tough choice paying over a grand for an exynos!

Unless if you use the spen then yes no contest. But if you don't need the spen, it's a really tough choice paying over a grand for an exynos!

The Exynos is tricky but supposedly they have a new cooling system to improve the performance.

I honestly am ambivalent, Iā€™m lucky enough to be able to try it and if itā€™s rubbish then move on.

I will say Iā€™ve been a IPhone user for quite a while and I have the latest iPhone and itā€™s the worst iPhone Iā€™ve very had. A truly awful user experience

The Exynos is tricky but supposedly they have a new cooling system to improve the performance.

I honestly am ambivalent, Iā€™m lucky enough to be able to try it and if itā€™s rubbish then move on.

I will say Iā€™ve been a IPhone user for quite a while and I have the latest iPhone and itā€™s the worst iPhone Iā€™ve very had. A truly awful user experience
Yes just read some articles saying the exynos for the note 20 phones has been optimised this time around. šŸ¤”. I have a oppo find x2 Pro, bought it at a good price. The only thing that will probably make me move to the note, is if I can swap my oppo find x2 Pro. Judging by the way the note phones lose value, this shouldn't take long.

I never use the s pen so Iā€™m considering the s20 ultra. The flatter display and bigger battery plus the fact itā€™ll be available at a reduced cost are swaying me that way.

I never use the s pen so Iā€™m considering the s20 ultra. The flatter display and bigger battery plus the fact itā€™ll be available at a reduced cost are swaying me that way.
The ultra is huge, probably bigger than the note 20 ultra if I'm not mistaken.

The ultra is huge, probably bigger than the note 20 ultra if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah it is. Itā€™s the flatter screen that I find more appealing. The battery isnā€™t stellar for the exynos model even at 5000mah so Iā€™m concerned the note 20 ultra with a smaller battery may be grim

I've always been a fan of the Note, but having the S10plus I've realised i don't miss not having a Spen on a mobile (i have the Tab S4 for that).

Now, I could get the Note 20 ultra for Ā£829 if i trade in the S10plus...so that little voice in my head is saying do it...do it...šŸ˜‰

I've always been a fan of the Note, but having the S10plus I've realised i don't miss not having a Spen on a mobile (i have the Tab S4 for that).

Now, I could get the Note 20 ultra for Ā£829 if i trade in the S10plus...so that little voice in my head is saying do it...do it...šŸ˜‰
What's the trade in value for the s10 plus? Ā£829 is reasonable.

Screenshot_20200810-083040_Chrome.jpg

I always like to play a game of "i wonder..."

i was viewing this over on hexus. i have a note 9 now which i do like, my s pen stopped taking pictures for some reason, but was looking at this. the price is prohibitive. but what are 128gb unlocked note 9's worth privately, Ā£4-500?

i was viewing this over on hexus. i have a note 9 now which i do like, my s pen stopped taking pictures for some reason, but was looking at this. the price is prohibitive. but what are 128gb unlocked note 9's worth privately, Ā£4-500?

Doubt it'd be that much tbh as I saw a note 10 plus go on this forum recently for 440 quid. Not 100% sure if that's representative or that buyer got lucky though.

i forgot about the note 10 :)

i may just stick with my note 9, its not broke and i probably don;t need to upgrade it really.

Note 10 + 5g going for between Ā£400-Ā£500
This is what I called out in post #3 the depreciation on Samsung is high.

Dave2D on YouTube with his Note 20 video suggested Samsung might have built the depreciation into the high launch price. Get the money from early adaptors :)

I've been weighing up my options and I've decided not to upgrade to the note 20 ultra. My 10 plus is excellent. I'm not remotely interested in things like 120 refresh rates. It's a phone. Maybe for gamers it matters but I never game on my phone
I'm also concerned about the Samsung upgrade program itself. I don't the idea of sending my phone back after reading quite a few horror stores about Samsung. Ive sent things back like the 65q90r TV and they were brilliant but Im not chancing it this time.
I don't fancy spending another Ā£50 on a new case.
The phone is in excellent but the protective screen cover it came with has a couple of air bubbles I can't remove and there's a slight mark on the screen. All that's required is a new screen cover but I'm sure samsung will try and screw me for higher payments.
I'm more than happy with my 10plus. I also believe the 20 ultra is even larger. Sizes are getting silly now.
So today I finally decided to stick with 10 plus. I can't face the inevitable hassle with Samsung
Anyway the 20 ultra doesn't me anything extra that I want from a phone and that I can't get from what I've got. The extra pixels are meaningless as they've already gone past the human limit of visible perception with onscreen pixels with the 10 plus

See post 11. Samsung appear to be selling Note 20 in 256gb in the UK. 128gb version in other markets only

From the first mobile i had i was with apple but two years ago i moved to samsung. One of the major factors was that for much less money i could have an equally as good device, possibly in some respects even better than iphone. But the value for money was my main reason. It made perfect sense...... a better handset for cheaper and more data for less money also.

I have the note 9 which has been an excellent hand set. I have really enjoyed using it, even the s pen which i surprisingly use more than i ever expected. Also unlike apple, having had the phone 2 years it still runs perfectly.

In the lead up to the note 20 being released i knew my contract was coming to an end so thought i'd upgrade. But sadly samsung have gone the way apple have and no longer are you getting a high end handset for less. So i think i will keep using my note 9 and go sim only.

My note 20 ultra 256gb and free buds live arrived today. Havenā€™t had a chance to play with it yet. Surprised as it arrived 2 days early!

My note has arrived too, but no buds! Not amused, contacting Samsung tomorrow!

Mine arrived today as well, Iā€™m not even in the country!! Nobody home and DPD leaves my Ā£1,179 parcel sitting on the front step in clear view of the street :facepalm:

Mine arrived today as well, Iā€™m not even in the country!! Nobody home and DPD leaves my Ā£1,179 parcel sitting on the front step in clear view of the street :facepalm:
Look on the bright side, if it was Hermes he'd have volleyed it thru your window.

I have been contemplating getting the note 20 but decided not to pre-order. The ā€œfreeā€ gift is not tempting enough, the lesser CPU and Samsung habit of disabling wi-fi chip when going on holidays to ā€œforbiddenā€ places have made me think twice.

I want a newer phone with 5G capabilities. Most flagship phones are over the 1K pounds, even the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro. There are a few models with the Snapdragon 865 at a considerably lesser price like the OnePlus, Realme, and RedMagic. I do not know if their interface is as refined as Samsungā€™s.

Does anybody know if OnePlus phones are also ā€œregion lockedā€? By this I mean the need to use the phone for 10 minutes or so with a sim card of the region. Have they extended the minimum use-time for it to be unblocked?

It is interesting that in the Tab S7 they are using the 865 chipset.

Have the new owners had time to play with your new toy? If so, has it been a good experience?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom