Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigbang said:
Thanks.

Contract prices are a joke.
Looks Like I definitely wont be getting one unless they throw in a Note 10.1 3g for free. Shocking.

Would be a double whammy for me as I've just bought a 10.1 so would get an extra £300 back when I sell it on! Haha

WilliamMan said:
No 4G on any of the specs for UK...

Outrage......

Lets just hope that 4G gets confirmed later once all the networks have confirmed their pricing direct or once samsung UK updates their website

Balls to 4G, it's hardly going to change your mobile experience so don't let it dictate your smartphone choice. The potential uses for 4G speed when on the move are quite limited at this stage... if you're lucky enough to spend all your time bang in the middle of the EE launch cities.

Meh, 4G phone capability doesn't really bother me. I'll end up getting the phone for every other feature and ill just end up getting a 4G home connection for my other devices.

Having looked at the links above, I can get the phone free on a 24 month deal with alot of minutes and text and double the data for the same price ive got my Iphone on now. Not to mention if Samsung are still offering the trade in deal, hopefully a free Tab 2 7.0!

*rubs greasy hands together*

Last edited:
Meh, No 4G doesn't bother me. I'll end up getting the phone for every other feature and I'll just end up getting a 4G home connection.

Same here. Plus the only reliable mobile signal at home is O2, so I'm not bothered about 4G on the move.. Although ask me again in a few months!

My home connection is 5Mb/s and BT fibre/Virgin Cable isn't coming any time soon, so I'll have similar-ish download speeds when out and about.

My best hope for a fast home internet is a speedy roll out of 4G and then use that instead of good old copper wire!

Last edited:
Nobby Sheep said:
My home connection is 5Mb/s and BT fibre/Virgin Cable isn't coming any time soon, so I'll have similar-ish download speeds when out and about.!

5MB! Try a paltry 1.5mb! At best, on a good day without my iPhones wifi dicking about! I could bore your dentures lose with it but...I wont.

I literally cannot wait for 4G but clearly rather than EE even considering those of us who genuinely suffer From poor home connections (country dwelling folk etc) first, they've decided to hit the big cities where average connection speeds are over 5mb. Yeah thanks for that!

Back to the phone, im still toying with the idea of getting it on release or waiting for my contract to run out in December.

Back to the phone, im still toying with the idea of getting it on release or waiting for my contract to run out in December.

That's the dilemma. Being Android, you know it'll only be the King of the Hill for so long, so by December prices will have dropped, that's Android life. But December is still a few months away, so how much do you want it?

Me? Launch day... pre-order is in :)

RobM said:
so how much do you want it?

The iPhone is still in contract until December the 12th which, coincidentally is my birthday. So, I'm thinking that I can hold out until then and it can be a nice present! Can't really justify any extra expense at the mo what with a change of job and a 7month old, fiancé and dog for my bank managers!

The misses is getting a note 10.1 for her birthday next month from her sister so I can familiarise myself with android system and I've got a head start with knowing what I'll be doing.

I'm just gonna have to get jealous with folks reviews on here!

I want to pre order today so what's the best deal do we think?

I've pre-ordered from Clove as I want it SIM-Free. I don't think I'd pre-order on contract until tariffs are finalised and handset costs are well known, which isn't the case yet.

RobM said:
I've pre-ordered from Clove as I want it SIM-Free. I don't think I'd pre-order on contract until tariffs are finalised and handset costs are well known, which isn't the case yet.

That's the thing I'm out of contract and it works out cheaper for me to do it through contract. I'd be happy with the phone for two year anyway and I'd just get the note 4 when it comes out and it's 6" or something mental lol.

Then phone your operator and ask them what they can offer you and if you can pre-order. There are links to other independent places in this thread already that you can read and decide if it's worth going for, but your best deal would surely be via an upgrade on your current network. You need to call them and ask though.

RobM said:
Then phone your operator and ask them what they can offer you and if you can pre-order. There are links to other independent places in this thread already that you can read and decide if it's worth going for, but your best deal would surely be via an upgrade on your current network. You need to call them and ask though.

This is the first contract I've had and it's only been for two years so I get the feeling they don't give a hoot as it was a £15 p/m contract. Also will the tmobile version actually have the 4G?

Ok so I just rang them up, idiots say not until November. I said why does phones for you have it free for £36 p/m for 24 months with 600 minutes 1.5 gb data and unlimited texts as tmobile? And he said its much more expensive to do it that way and to call back in November....... Fool.......

I was waiting to pre order from Amazon but Clove are still showing the release date as the 28th so am tempted to go with them. Has anyone pre ordered a phone with them before? are they ok?

Same here with the SIM free aspect.

I'll use it for internet and stuff more than calls, so I'm thinking £540 for the phone and £10/month Giff Gaff or similar.

Works out a £32.50 per month over 24 months.

At the moment I can't see a contract plan being cheaper.

The only downside is forking up the money upfront for the phone!

And by the way, I can't wait. As soon as they're in stock I'm ordering.

Seems that the decent cases are going to take a while to come through though...

think about it this way, ok so you pay 530 for the phone, over 24 months that would make £22 p/m give or take a few pence

only difference is what sim only deal can you get for £14 p/m which gives you 600 minutes unlimited texts and 1500mb of data (yes 1.5 gb)? i guess it depends what you need on the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom