Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Forgot the cat. Mrs will never forgive me!

LOL, have wife, 1 kid, mortgage and a hamster!

Why don't you wait til next week to see what the Prime had to offer the rumoured specs look better than the S2.

LOL, have wife, 1 kid, mortgage and a hamster!

Why don't you wait til next week to see what the Prime had to offer the rumoured specs look better than the S2.

The specs may look better but unless you want the bigger screen it's not really an issue. It's not like the SGS2 is suddenly going to get 'slower' if/when a faster phone comes out ;). It's spec already ensure's it blazingly fast and will be more than capable of running ICS when released.

I'd just go for the phone with the form factor/styling you prefer.

(wife, FOUR kids, Mortgage, 2 dogs, 4 lizards, 11 tarantula's and a tortoise here btw so I'll only be having the one phone....)

Uridium said:
(wife, FOUR kids, Mortgage, 2 dogs, 4 lizards, 11 tarantula's and a tortoise here btw so I'll only be having the one phone....)

You've surpassed our clan of 1.5 dogs, 3 cats and a horse!

It'll always be Nexus Prime to me :D

If those specs are genuine, how many people would still purchase the handset upon release?

im surprised sammy have dropped the camera resolution if true unless they are saving a 12 mp for the sg3

What a pointless update. Same CPU (or worse !!, OMAp not been very good), same RAM, worse camera, maybe not even SD card. Just crazy big screen?

No thanks.

I'd probably consider the Galaxy S2 if those specs are genuine. Still can't persuade myself to purchase an iPhone, purely due to overall contract price.

I'd be very happy with this spec and I think it will give Android OS the power it needs for the forseeable future. The 5mp camera on the Nexus S is fine for my needs. 32gb storage would also be fine for me.

im surprised sammy have dropped the camera resolution if true unless they are saving a 12 mp for the sg3

And the mega pixel myth continues :D

I'd probably consider the Galaxy S2 if those specs are genuine. Still can't persuade myself to purchase an iPhone, purely due to overall contract price.

I cant bring myself to buy an iphone either, thought about it but using itunes and all the locking down that Apple does just puts me off, plus I want a bigger screen than 3.5" they offer. The price also puts me of, you can get a phone on par ( the SG2 )to the iphone 4s from here secondhand for £300 half the price or brand new from £380 or £390.

I watched the drop test video between the two phones, guess what phone came out the worsed for wear? The videos in here if you want to see the results http://www.avforums.com/forums/mobi...msung-galaxy-s-ii-drop-test.html#post15626444

So much for that more durable feeling that iphone users have.

btw, cant wait to see what the next nexus is like tomorrow, or should I say wednesday?

Last edited:
If those specs are genuine, how many people would still purchase the handset upon release?
Epic fail for me if that spec is true. I won't be getting it and will wait for the new SE offering early next year, Nonzi or whatever it is called!

I wouldn't mind a sensor on par with the 4S, or a xenon flash camera like my old Satio :)

Still....

The 4s has a 8MG camera utilising a 1/3.2" sensor, that's a sensor size approx 4.5 by 3.5mm :)

That is a awful lot of pixels crammed onto something with a surface area so small!

You need to quadruple pixel density to make a discernible difference to image quality and I'm afraid trying to cram so many pixels onto such small sensors leads to nothing, so personally I applaud a manufacturer for going the opposite way.

Lenses and software also make a huge difference to image quality but in cases such as these I suspect they do more than one would expect.

I've still yet to see a camera within a phone that surpasses the Satio. Admittedly it contained too many pixels, which was an obvious selling tactic for Sony, but at least the product produced quality photos for a phone.

Epic fail for me if that spec is true. I won't be getting it and will wait for the new SE offering early next year, Nonzi or whatever it is called!

what did you want?

what did you want?

Spec at least as good as the SGS2 or better. Considering it's meant to be a flagship device, and will no doubt come with a flagship price, the *rumoured* spec is far from flagship......

Of course, the rumoured spec could be wrong, all will be revealed in a few hours!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom