• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Galaxy Camera

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Has anyone here used one of these ?

I have been given one gratis but I got bemused with the options on my TZ7 let alone the ones on here

Anyone used one with productive results ? Any tips or hints ?
Any "hacked" firmware which makes it more of a camera and less of a Phone with the inability to make calls ?

Im looking at going to see Manchester United bus tour on the 13th and thought the galxy be a good option to take with me (My other Camera is a Nikon P500 which is a bot bulky for visiting the pubs with afterwards)

Anyone suggestions how to get the best from the Galaxy ?

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
One thing I have noticed its it seems to take an age to switch on
Anyone know of a way of getting it to start up quickly
Missed a couple of pics due to delay in boot

Jammyb

Seems to be 'normal'

Also keep in mind that like any Android device the Galaxy Camera first has to boot the OS after you switch it on. This takes a little while, so make sure you don't switch the device completely off if you want to be ready to take a shot at any time. Instead, it's worth keeping the Galaxy Camera in stand-by mode by short-pressing the power button. From stand-by it takes approximately three seconds before you can take a picture. Most of this time is consumed by the lens extending. The lens also retracts every time you switch away from the camera app to another app. You can always get back to it by pressing the shutter button, but again it takes a couple of seconds or so before you can snap a picture.

Samsung Galaxy Camera in-depth review: Connect

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Cheers
Funnily enough found pretty much same article not too many minutes ago on Google
Im wandering if there is a way of "rooting" it or installing a better OS which focuses mainly on just the camera functions

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom