• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Galaxy Buds Live

rss

Established Member
Hi folks,

received a pair of these at the beginning of this week and have been using them several hours a day since then.

I already have the OG Buds and was considering changing to the Buds+ for the longer battery life/sound quality. Then when Samsung announced the Buds Live I ordered these instead.

Overall I am very impressed with Buds Live, they sound really good, and probably the best USP is they are so comfortable to wear even after many hours.

The ANC has a little effect, but not much. If you listen mainly in a loud environment and want a Samsung product, the Buds+ would be a better choice. The ANC is no comparison to something like a Sony XM3 for example.

My main usage scenario is during the day at the office. Previously I would wear just a bud in one ear which would allow me to still chat to colleagues/listen to what is going on around me etc. WIth the more open design of the Live, I can wear both at once and can still converse etc. I tend to listen at low volumes either to Spotify or a radio channel so it's more background that anything else. If you do crank up the volume, they do sound good though.

The Buds case is now square rather than the pill shaped case on the OG Buds/Live. It is very shiny and slippery, I prefer the matt finish of the OG Buds and even though the case is smaller, I notice it in my pocket more than the pill.

cheers

AmericanRodeo

Prominent Member
Interesting, I am getting a pair as a bundle deal to my new Note20, but cant descide whether to keep them or go for the Klipsch/Mclaren EarBud which I have coming next week.

I suppose I'll have to wait until I have them both and try them out.

LAMitchell

Established Member
I got a pair of these with my recent order from Samsung. They are convenient and the bass is pretty solid, but as you say the ANC is minimal. I have used them for around ten hours now so they are by no means broken in. I still can't believe how much technology has been squeezed into two little buds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom