Samsung G800 vs LG Viewty KU990

steveeldonkerr

Standard Member
i will be having to upgrade my phone soon and was wondering what any of you thought would be the better phone, both as an overall phone with features and as a camera and video camera? i would also be grateful if you could compare these phones to the samsung g600, which i may have to get instead depending on cost?
thanks,
and by the way im a new poster here, but a long time reader, so im looking forward to your always illuminating replies.

thanks very much,
steve

fatal_exception

Standard Member
The viewty(KU990) is better than the G800. The G800 is ugly as sin and the optical zoom is not as good as it sounds.

At the retailer I work for we got one G800 in it took about 2 months to sell and Head office didnt send us anymore lol.

Have you thought about the Nokia N82 it's an orange exclusive you can get it for £30 pm with a bit of cashback and it has GPS, 5mpix camera with xenon flash and carl zeis optics, DVD quality video etc. Basically an N95 in a bar style with a better flash.

Had a good look at it on friday was very impressed and it seems very cheap.

steveeldonkerr

Standard Member
yeah i was looking at the N82 but the phone ill be getting i think will be clearance, and the n82 isnt available on that yet, but it would be the ideal one. is the viewty's camera much better than the g600 or g800? thanks for the reply,
steve

fatal_exception

Standard Member
If you know what tariff, cashback etc your after I could point you in the right direction as to what handsets you could get. I am privy to the margins these guys make and what they're willing to stretch to.

steveeldonkerr

Standard Member
hey, thanks for the reply,
the tariff is O2 400 min + 500 sms 18Months, and im not exactly sure how the cost works out with cashback, i think it changes depending on each phone, normally that tarriff is £30 a month but with cashback this would work out as around 13 quid a month for a clearance g600. im not sure about the other phones.
what do you think i could be looking at per month for the viewty. my only really concern was that i wanted a phone that would still be pretty good in 18months, not amazing, but pretty well spec'd.
cheers again for your advice.
steve

steveeldonkerr

Standard Member
also i should probably add, this deal with be the e2 save, who ive got my phones from for the last 3 contracts, however this is the first time i will be staying on the same network while getting a new contract, and what i do know is that for my sisters phone, it is cheaper for her to cancel her contract (after the 12 months) on 02 and transfer to an orange payg sim and then start again as a new customer, because e2 save get money for attracting new customers to 02. would this also be the case for me? or would i be better off just upgrading through e2save, even though i know that at contracts of 200 mins and 200 texts new customers get better deals?

i appreciate that that is alot of questions, but if you have an answer to any of them id be so grateful.
thanks
steve

fatal_exception

Standard Member
you can get a viewty in my store for £25pm on a standard tariff it makes the company about £120, so you could probably expect around £25 cash in your hand cashback not a lot I have to say.

The pink G600 carries a cost price of around £150 I expect the grey one to be about a tenner cheaper but the O2 400 tariff makes just short of £450, subtract the cost of the handset and you get an idea of how much money they will make.

As for your sister threaten to leave and you will be surprised how the disparity between deals for new and existing customers dissapears

steveeldonkerr

Standard Member
okay thanks for that information,
just 3 final questions, then im done, i swear...

1-does not having a lens cover mean the viewty is very likely to get a scratched lens or be unable to take good photos?
2-how good is the optical zoom on the g800?
3-can you rank these phones (g600/g800/viewty) in order of your preference, taking everything about them into account but not price.

thanks so much,
steve

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom