Samsung Frame TV 2021 - One Connect cable

jacksoninho

Standard Member
Hi. Ive just purchased a 43 inch Samsung Frame 2021 TV and have had it professionally mounted as part of the deal with John Lewis. I'm now looking to chase a channel into the wall to hide the 'invisible' one connect cable and I had a couple of questions.

I only need a 60cm run to hide the cable behind a solid block wall. I was planning on doing this old school with a hammer and chisel, and maybe an angle grinder if needed.

Can anyone please recommend behind the wall trunking that would be good for a single cable? Everything I've seen on Amazon is for on the wall trunking.

The One Connect cable itself, from what I'm reading isn't actually fully certified for behind the wall implementation. The way is see it is that it is a very short run, but is this too risky?

Can anyone please recommend any decent filler that I should use for when the trunking has been mounted?

I've attached a photo of the TV and the location.

Attachments

• 16395984567597026360134330631395.jpg
    16395984567597026360134330631395.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 93

avjon

What type of walls do you have? If they are dot and dab or other plasterboard then you may be able to just run the wire down the wall without having to chase out the length of it. I did that with the wires on our dot and dab walls. I used the Gekko Gripper to get the cables down the walls avoiding dabs, etc. I was able to then put a brushed av plate over each hole.

If they are solid walls and need chasing then unfortunately I can't help you as I have never done that.

UPDATE I should have read that you have a solid block wall. Do you definitely have no plasterboard over this?

jacksoninho

Standard Member
What type of walls do you have? If they are dot and dab or other plasterboard then you may be able to just run the wire down the wall without having to chase out the length of it. I did that with the wires on our dot and dab walls. I used the Gekko Gripper to get the cables down the walls avoiding dabs, etc. I was able to then put a brushed av plate over each hole.

If they are solid walls and need chasing then unfortunately I can't help you as I have never done that.

UPDATE I should have read that you have a solid block wall. Do you definitely have no plasterboard over this?
Hi. Pretty sure it's straight to concrete block although I could be wrong. It's a 70's house that was done on the cheap.

D4RK1

I chased my walls with an sds drill with a chisel bit. The block is very soft in our house. Also a 70's build. I used 32mm waste pip to house the cable in the wall. Then a bit of bonding and skim of plaster over the top. I can easily pull power or hdmi cables through. I just mounted some single gang boxes and brush plate covers.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom