Samsung Frame optical cable issue

opsimos

Novice Member
I was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket optical cables for Samsung Frame. I am installing one on a brick/stone wall. There is a conduit running through the wall from where the TV is to be hung down to where the box will be located. But Frame's optical cable comes with those plugs on both ends that cannot be detached, so it won't fit to be threaded down the existing conduit. I wonder if there is a way around it. Like an aftermarket option... Very disappointed... Thank you

Anostraca

Hello,
Not at all. OC cable si made to be "invissible" so by the definition it is not made to be put through wall. And I never seen anything aftermarket.

opsimos

Novice Member
Hello,
Not at all. OC cable si made to be "invissible" so by the definition it is not made to be put through wall. And I never seen anything aftermarket.
Thank you - however the definition of invisible does not include whether it can/should be put in the wall. But you are correct by putting the word invisible in "", since it is visible. Many have routed it behind drywalls. Unfortunately I have a stone/brick wall.

Anostraca

It can, but you need to use (and I am not sure about this word in english, but in my language it is like this) goose neck to put it through.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom