Samsung Flat SUHD/ Sony HDR panel for UK/EU?

zamwessell

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the curved panels and noticed Samsung make a flat SUHD panel for the US.

I'm after a 55" 4 K flat panel with fairly low input lag for gaming.

I would prefer it to have future HDR compatibility if possible.

If the Samsung flat SUHD panel was available here then i would buy it.

Any Sony/Samsung tvs that would be a good alternative?

Thanks

I'm not a big fan of the curved panels and noticed Samsung make a flat SUHD panel for the US.

I'm after a 55" 4 K flat panel with fairly low input lag for gaming.

I would prefer it to have future HDR compatibility if possible.

If the Samsung flat SUHD panel was available here then i would buy it.

Any Sony/Samsung tvs that would be a good alternative?

Thanks

Do you mean the JS7000? Could be the JU6800 over here ...

Hi, I have a similar dilemma, except I'm after a 65"

The Samsung JS series is stunning but I'm after a flat panel due to the shape of my room & it's being wall hung (the latter reason is purely down to aesthetics). I'd love to know when Samsung are planning to release a flat panel version here in the UK - Any ideas anybody ?

Currently looking at the LG 65UF950V purely because it's in my price range, as oppose to say the recently released Panny TX65CX802B which also has a good write up (but sadly wasn't in at my local Curry's when I visited last weekend)

I am guessing the Panasonic supports HDR? I would be interested in the 55" version if the input lag is low enough for gaming

I don't want a curved TV but would buy the flat panel version.The Sony models that suit me do not support HDR.

I would expect any new models announced early next year will not be released until late summer

The Panny CX802B supports HDR but in limited form as it is an 8 bit panel.

The Sony's with HDR are not what i am looking for.I don't need a tv with good speakers at the side.

I find it fustrating that HDR is being limited to the higher end and curved sets.

I will either end up waiting for next years models or buy the Panny or a lower spec Sony UHD tv.

I was really impressed with the Samsung SUHD but i will not give in to the curve.

I intend on watching a lot of movies and other material on a 4k projector so could probably live without full HDR on a tv.The Panasonic would probably be enough for tv viewing.

Fustrating!!

I take it an 8 bit panel means it can process HDR but not display it as HDR, a big issue from my perspective.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom