Samsung Firmware downgrade instuctions

lee3272

Novice Member
THIS FOR PS50C6900 + PS50C7000
FIRMWARE DOWNGRADE TV SAMSUNG SERIES C DOES NOT WORK ON 3006.2
Required:
a pendrive
download these
firmware 1016 http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201007/20100726154817718/T-VALDEUC_1016.0.exe
firmware 2004 T-VALDEUC-2004.0.exe
file1 MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
file2 Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Version.0.zip
file3 Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Version.1.zip
tv and pc connected to the same network
know the IP address of the TV and PC
pc = start - run - cmd - ipconfig
tv = i went into my router to find this

1) go to the [email protected] menu and create an account named develop,
login on the main screen of [email protected] by pressing the red button
in this way a "developer" submenu appear in the settings menu of the [email protected]

2) Download and extract file1 on your PC: temporarily disable the firewall on your computer,

3) inside the "www" folder of the package, click with the right mouse button on the file widgetlist.xml and edit,
replace the word "192.168.1.209" with the ip address of your pc, then close notepad and save.

4) Run the file http.exe and leave open
open internet explorer and type in address bar type in IP address of your computer, it must open a blank page that says "Web server works leave this page open it should say Now enter develop mode and install widget to your TV."

5) on TV go in the "developer" menu in [email protected] settings, and under "IP server setup" input the ip address of your PC,
and confirm with ok, then go to "sync user applications"
[email protected] should automatically find and install an update
i had to do this a couple of time until it downloaded ok

6) in the main page of [email protected] there must be a new widget, without icon, open it and use "hack your tv" button then on "check" and plug the pen drive as required, extract and
reinsert it by following the onscreen instructions until it says it's ok

7) Remove the stick from the TV and put it in the PC, delete the files created by the widget

all you need on usb flash pen is the firmware exe on flashdrive extract exe that should leave you one folder T-VALDEUC and the firmware exe which you extracted then just add the file2 this contains run.sh and version.0 do not put these in T-VALDEUC folder so when you open your flashdrive you should have 4 items in it put in usb on tv and it should auto boot and find update if it doesnt delete run.sh and version.0 and add file3 which leaves you run.sh and version.1 - this is the one i had to use

8) now your tv to believe have firmware 1001.0 so you can install any firmware, Just remember not to go to 3006.2

PLEASE NOTE ONCE YOU HAVE DOWNGRADED WHEN YOU CONNECT AGAIN TO INTERNET TV SAMSUNG DOES A UPDATE AND DELETES THE HACK NOT PROBLEM AS HACK GOES BACK ON IF YOU WANT TO TRY DIFFERENT FIRMWARES
YOU CAN ALSO WIPE ALL TRACE OF THE HACK ONCE DOWNGRADED
OPEN [email protected] THEN GO TO SETTINGS SETUP AND RESET :thumbsup:
ALSO AFTER YOU HAVE GOT RID OF HACK BEFORE YOU START PLAYING WITH SETTINGS HOLD EXIT FOR 15 SECONDS AND RESET ALL TV SETTINGS THEN SET UP YOUR PICTURE

Last edited:
FIRMWARE DOWNGRADE TV SAMSUNG SERIES C DOES NOT WORK ON 3006.2
Required:
a pendrive
download these
firmware 1016 http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201007/20100726154817718/T-VALDEUC_1016.0.exe
firmware 2004 T-VALDEUC-2004.0.exe
file1 MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
file2 Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Version.0.zip
file3 Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Version.1.zip
tv and pc connected to the same network
know the IP address of the TV and PC
pc = start - run - cmd - ipconfig
tv = i went into my router to find this

7) Remove the stick from the TV and put it in the PC, delete the files created by the widget

all you need on usb flash pen is the firmware exe on flashdrive extract exe that should leave you one folder T-VALDEUC and the firmware exe which you extracted then just add the file2 this contains run.sh and version.0 do not put these in T-VALDEUC folder so when you open your flashdrive you should have 4 items in it put in usb on tv and it should auto boot and find update if it doesnt delete run.sh and version.0 and add file3 which leaves you run.sh and version.1 - this is the one i had to use

8) now your tv to believe have firmware 1001.0 so you can install any firmware, Just remember not to go to 3006.2

PLEASE NOTE ONCE YOU HAVE DOWNGRADED WHEN YOU CONNECT AGAIN TO INTERNET TV SAMSUNG DOES A UPDATE AND DELETES THE HACK NOT PROBLEM AS HACK GOES BACK ON IF YOU WANT TO TRY DIFFERENT FIRMWARES
Trying to get the TV to write back the version 0 or version 1 to the USB Pendrive is not needed then?

lee3272

Novice Member
No m8 just use version0 if that dont work delete version0 and sh and replace with version1 and its sh

MrShadow

Standard Member
Thanks for great instructions..

Can you tell me will this firmware that you put on the forum, work on all European PS50C7000 ( My is bought in Croatia ) .. Is it matter where I bought my TV?

lee3272

Novice Member
Thanks for great instructions..

Can you tell me will this firmware that you put on the forum, work on all European PS50C7000 ( My is bought in Croatia ) .. Is it matter where I bought my TV?
should work on all european ps50c think US is only different they have diff firmware check what is latest firmware for your country if its 3006.2 you will be ok

TranceFan

just downgraded from 3005 to 1001 then to 1016, then upgraded to 2004. i used version 1 to downgrade. if i want to go back again to 1001, then 1016, which version do i copy across and from which step to i start from?

Last edited:

lee3272

Novice Member
If you use version.0 and then version.1 your tv upgrade will be locked
Can you explain this i was on 3005 downgraded to 2004 tried version0 that didnt work tried version1 and that worked are you saying i have to use version1 all the time to upgrade and downgrade

lee3272

Novice Member
Can I brick my tv if I put wrong firmware ?
Yes you can
what firmware do you have on it now latest US firmware is 1032.0 where european is 3006.2

Nanite

Novice Member
Can you explain this i was on 3005 downgraded to 2004 tried version0 that didnt work tried version1 and that worked are you saying i have to use version1 all the time to upgrade and downgrade
He means that if you have Version.0 in your set you need to replace that file.
And if you have Version.1 you need to replace the Version.1 file.
The whole purpose for this downgrade hack is to write 1001 version text in your current Version.* file.

If you have both .0 and .1 installed because you blindly tried the .0 first and then .1 you might get problems when updating or locking the updates even. Be careful!

I havent downgraded yet. Just installed the hack and the run.sh script that copies the Version.0 or .1 to stick didnt work. So I replaced the script with ls -command (dir in linux). It lists the contents of the whole /mtd_rwarea/ directory.

run.sh contents:
Code:
ls -al /mtd_rwarea/* > $1/rware.txt
rware.txt was created successfully and searching through the textfile I can see I have the Version.0 file and hence I have to use the script that replaces the Version.0 file.
Code:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     0              53 Jan  1  1980 /mtd_rwarea/Version.0

Last edited:

Kman

Standard Member
Where can I download the old 3005? It was working fine when I "upgraded" to 3006 and my HDMI ports no longer work.

Thanks!

Can't seem to get the hack to write the version back to the USB Key followed the guide but nothing happens want to be certain of the version before I update any files in the TV, are there different procedures for different firmwares mine is 3005 and a December build?

TerryRibs

Standard Member
It looks to me that there is no update that works for all sets. My set was purchased in June and I have updated via USB as available. Xtalk became unbearable with 3005.1 to the extent that my son refused to watch it. I have since downloaded 3006.2 and the 3D is the best to date. No problem with HDMI.

Kman

Standard Member
should work on all european ps50c think US is only different they have diff firmware check what is latest firmware for your country if its 3006.2 you will be ok
I read somewhere that the Downgrade from 3006.2 will NOT work. Is that true? If it is, how do I get a downgrade from 3006?!? It doesn't find my HDMI inputs from any of my HDMI ports, and I've tried three different types! They used to work fine!

<I upgraded from 3005 to 3006, and now I need some help!>

Nanite

Novice Member
At the moment there is no know downgrade procedure from v3006. Try to do factory reset with holding down the 'Exit' button from remote 15secs then after you have done this take off the power plug for 5 minutes.
If this doesnt work take off the power plug over night. If it still doesnt work your tv needs service. Its not unusual for 2010 models that the HDMI inputs 'broke'.

Kman

Standard Member
At the moment there is no know downgrade procedure from v3006. Try to do factory reset with holding down the 'Exit' button from remote 15secs then after you have done this take off the power plug for 5 minutes.
If this doesnt work take off the power plug over night. If it still doesnt work your tv needs service. Its not unusual for 2010 models that the HDMI inputs 'broke'.
So to be clear, should I have the TV on when I hold the 'Exit' button on, and it will turn itself off after the 15 seconds?

Has anyone else had the HDMI inputs 'broke' and do they come back after such a reset?

Thanks...I hope.

Nanite

Novice Member
So to be clear, should I have the TV on when I hold the 'Exit' button on
While the TV is on.

There are some HDMI broken cases and only couple that has corrected after the TVs plug has been off the wall overnight.

MrShadow

Standard Member
My Samsung is January 2011 built with 3005 software.

I downgraded my Samsung PS50C7000 two hours ago.
I hacked tv successfuly, it showed me 1001 version, I put 1016 firmware on the USB stick, upgrade started, my tv restarted, then it asked me for language, antena, and basic options.. I set up everyhing, then I go in menu-sofware upgrade and it said that I still have version 1001..

How could that happened ?

Then I formated my USB stick, put only 2004 version, I upgraded, my tv restarted but this time it did not ask me to set language, antena, clock etc.. It did not reset my settings..
But now, when I go in MENU-SOFTWARE UPGRADE it says that my software is _11/10_2004 .

After downgrade to 2004, I did not notice any changes in picutre, it is the same as 3005.. There is still crosstalk in scenes with a lot of dark..

Did I make something wrong ?

A

AVFAN2011

Hi all, Sorry to repost but i note that ther are 2 downgrade threads on here:

I currently have firmware 3003 installed and the 3D is awful.

I'm hopless with computers and have tried to get round the instrcutions how to downgrade but I just cant get to grips with it. (even though I am sure they are very very clear)

Would anyone in Essex that has done this be kind enough to come over and help out??? I will be happy to pay for your time.

Its so annoying that Samsung have done this!!!

MrShadow

Standard Member
On the first look I did not notice any change after downgrade.. Now I watched RE Afterlife 3D and change is amazing.

There is a little less crosstalk, but pop up and depth are much better now. Everybody should downgrade definietly..

lee3272

Novice Member
On the first look I did not notice any change after downgrade.. Now I watched RE Afterlife 3D and change is amazing.

There is a little less crosstalk, but pop up and depth are much better now. Everybody should downgrade definietly..
After downgrading i would also follow this bit

YOU CAN ALSO WIPE ALL TRACE OF THE HACK ONCE DOWNGRADED
OPEN [email protected] THEN GO TO SETTINGS SETUP AND RESET

ALSO AFTER YOU HAVE GOT RID OF HACK BEFORE YOU START PLAYING WITH SETTINGS HOLD EXIT FOR 15 SECONDS AND RESET ALL TV SETTINGS THEN SET UP YOUR PICTURE