Samsung faulty pixels policy

BIGMAX

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, does anybody know what Samsung's policy is on dead / stuck pixels. I have just noticed I have what looks like a stuck pixel on my 50Q7hd plasma. It flashes bright red near the top of the screen and is quite noticable. Just my luck, I had the same happen to me on my previous pio 435xde, I cant flaming believe it.

Just wondered if anyone has managed to get a replacement from Samsung as the manual and the dealer state that faulty pixels are not covered under warranty - crazy.

can you see it from your normal view position ?
b4 your try this speak to a exspert

theres a prog you burn and play via dvd player that might help its a display of random colours patterns, supposed to help in such matters
not sure if its for pcs lcds or plasmas ect

this faulty pixal thing is a load of b%%%ox if its faulty its faulty there not the law
im finding out later if my plasma is faulty or the tech
my manual makes me laugh when it says this is not a fault when its on about banding and high images
no it means your technology is flawed.

if its still in gaurentee and it bothers you with the pixals take em to court
im sure you,d win, there product malfunctioned and wont replace or fix it!
THEY ARE NOT THE LAW

mx-revelation said:
can you see it from your normal view position ?
b4 your try this speak to a exspert

theres a prog you burn and play via dvd player that might help its a display of random colours patterns, supposed to help in such matters
not sure if its for pcs lcds or plasmas ect

this faulty pixal thing is a load of b%%%ox if its faulty its faulty there not the law
im finding out later if my plasma is faulty or the tech
my manual makes me laugh when it says this is not a fault when its on about banding and high images
no it means your technology is flawed.

if its still in gaurentee and it bothers you with the pixals take em to court
im sure you,d win, there product malfunctioned and wont replace or fix it!
THEY ARE NOT THE LAW

I've used the DVE DVD where the different colours are displayed on the screen, that hasn't done the trick, it is very noticable as it flashes sort of on and off and a bright red colour, will phone dealer and Samsung later today but I have no hope. I went through Trading standards with my last plasma with same problem and they said that there was nothing I could do.

Just find it amazing that most people never suffer from pixel faults and the two plasma's I've owned both have.

well im no exspert on plasma or the law
but in my opinion if a product develops a fault they have to fix or replace
they cant and shouldnt set there own standards
you didnt actually make that pixal bugger up did you ?
there design or manufacturing method did.

im pretty sure someone on this planet has took a manufacturer over such matters, id be peed off too
£1000 or more is a hell a lot of money for a tv that buggers up even if it is 1 pixal if it spoils your viewing pleasure
how long you had this tv ?
have you house insurance ? that covers accidental damage ? i dont need to go into details there

this is the trouble with maufacturers they set there own policy and everyone accepts it as the norm

perhaps someone should create a pixal bugger upper proggramme im sure theres a way then the manufacturers will make there pixals more robust

Bigmax

Other than this pixel problem, have you still been happy with the Samsung? I know you were really pleased when you first got it. I take it the pixel problem wasn't there from new?

Good luck!
Rich

Rich6826 said:
Bigmax

Other than this pixel problem, have you still been happy with the Samsung? I know you were really pleased when you first got it. I take it the pixel problem wasn't there from new?

Good luck!
Rich

The pixel problem has just raised it ugly head, apart from that the screen is superb, the only problem I've noticed is occasionally you get a green tinge to skin tones on swift movement. I don't know whether this will settle down as the plasma is run in a bit more. I would definately recommend it for the price. Just seems I am unlucky with pixels.

Have just rang Samsung and they say absolutely nothing they can do, it is not a fault.

Then spoke to the dealer and they are checking it out for me but are obviously going to come back with - "sorry there nothing we can do" which is what I expected. Surely something must be done about this because I think it is totally unacceptable.

I now have no confidence in plasma technology, what a waste of time and money.

BIGMAX said:
Have just rang Samsung and they say absolutely nothing they can do, it is not a fault.

Then spoke to the dealer and they are checking it out for me but are obviously going to come back with - "sorry there nothing we can do" which is what I expected. Surely something must be done about this because I think it is totally unacceptable.

I do feel Pi**ed off for you Max because that could be anyone of us just down to luck (or bad in your case) shame really because its a damn good TV.

Looks like your only other option is to do what Revelation suggested. I take it you are covered for Accidental.

One other thought - have you tried the white screen option from the menu

i feel your pain max and is a real shame intodays tech
hopefully your retailer is a good 1 that shows good will.
but i doubt it too they will be stuck with a busted plasma

2 options left try a soliciter
you know the other

Total bull$71t isnt it.

Id like to see a landmark ruling that any DP's make a product faulty and all manufacturers have no choice to honour warranty repairs for them. Sure prices of flat screens would go up to compensate but Id rather pay 10% more for every flat screen I buy knowing that dead pixels are covered.

Just imagine shelling out £6k for a PDP-5000EX only to find a DP after distance selling expires!

One of the big boys like sony/pan/pio should take the plunge and change DP policy on all sets going forward, without question I would then buy their set over all others.

BIGMAX said:

I would argue if the pixel is a noticable annoyance from a normal viewing distance, then it is a fault. A red dot permanently on your new £2000 plasma screen IS a fault, and should be replaced/repaired accordingly. :nono:

Maybe there is some useful information on this link http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

Rich

i agree if its viewable from your normal viewing position (not with your face against the screen ) tyhen it is faulty hell its faulty whatever way you look @ it its part of the dam tv that produces the picture and your not seeing it all cause its broke

if its flashing bright red does that mean its dead or stuck ?
makes me mad this acceptable pixal policy bull. its there law not the law of the land

i also agree with straxusii id rather pay 10% more for a pixal gaurentee

try a solicitor see what they say if you think its worth it
good luck what ever you discide

mx-revelation said:
i agree if its viewable from your normal viewing position (not with your face against the screen ) tyhen it is faulty hell its faulty whatever way you look @ it its part of the dam tv that produces the picture and your not seeing it all cause its broke

if its flashing bright red does that mean its dead or stuck ?
makes me mad this acceptable pixal policy bull. its there law not the law of the land

i also agree with straxusii id rather pay 10% more for a pixal gaurentee

try a solicitor see what they say if you think its worth it
good luck what ever you discide

I'm not sure you would neccessarly need to "go all legal", but simply suggest to your supplier (not Samsung), that your newly purchased product if faulty, and you are aware of your rights as a consumer etc. I usually find if you ask people nicely and give them the chance to resolve things, but still make sure that they know you're not a plonker and that you're taking it seriously, things normally work out. Keep us posted...

I have spoken at length to the retailer and they spoke to Samsung on my behalf on a couple of occasions but they were told they would not get the unit replaced so they can't take it back for me. The most annoying thing is that it is noticeably visible from normal viewing distance. I could handle it if it was a dead black pixel cos I didn't really notice this on my old plasma but it actually flickers bight red constantly and is so annoying. I think this is more of a defect than a normal dead pixel with no colour. I will speak to Trading Standards today and see what they say and keep speaking to the retailer and maybe keep on to Samsung.

hi max,

i think you need to be firmer with the people who supplied the plasma to you. buying goods or services from them means that there is a contract between you and them. i think they are fobbing you of by saying they have been negotiating with samsung on your behalf. this problem has nothing to do with samsung as they didn't supply you with the goods. your dealer is responsible here and if samsung wont take the plasma back from them that is not your problem. did you pay for this item by credid card? if so the law gives you extra protection. the credit card company can also be held respomsible for goods that are faulty. i would get back in touch with the dealer and tell them in no uncertain terms that you are aware of your rights. remind them that you bought the goods from them, not samsung. send them a recorded delivery letter giving them a set time (7 or 14 days) to resolve the matter or you will take further action. good luck.

john55 said:
hi max,

i think you need to be firmer with the people who supplied the plasma to you. buying goods or services from them means that there is a contract between you and them. i think they are fobbing you of by saying they have been negotiating with samsung on your behalf. this problem has nothing to do with samsung as they didn't supply you with the goods. your dealer is responsible here and if samsung wont take the plasma back from them that is not your problem. did you pay for this item by credid card? if so the law gives you extra protection. the credit card company can also be held respomsible for goods that are faulty. i would get back in touch with the dealer and tell them in no uncertain terms that you are aware of your rights. remind them that you bought the goods from them, not samsung. send them a recorded delivery letter giving them a set time (7 or 14 days) to resolve the matter or you will take further action. good luck.

Cheers mate, thats exactly whay I've done to be honest. I contacted Trading standards and they have advised me that I will have a case against the retailer and credit card company so I have just sent recorded delivery letters to both saying that I need this matter resolved under various sale of goods acts. Trading standards have advised that if nothing happens to contact them straight away to follow up next plan of action.

Thanks for everyone's advice on this, much appreciated.

Just to let you know that I had a call on Friday afternoon from the retalier and they are now willing to take the tv back and give me a full refund as they have no more stock of this plasma. They have offered me the new LG 50pc1da which they will have from the first week in September and they will do at the same price. I don't know whether to have the refund and buy the Samsung again or take the LG instead which sounds decent enough. Can't seem to get the Samsung anywhere now for the same money (£1726.00) so might just go with the lg.

Amazing what a bit of pressure regarding sales acts will do, thanks for the advice people.

Hello all,

I have a Hitachi Pd7200, 6months old and paid £1699 for, and i have now noticed it has a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. It appears as a bright blue colour on the white wipe screen function.

I bought the tv on a credit (buy it now, pay in 9 mths job - which will be november) from Digital Direct, do you think I would be able to get it replaced seeing as it is bought on credit ?

brown1 said:
Hello all,

I have a Hitachi Pd7200, 6months old and paid £1699 for, and i have now noticed it has a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. It appears as a bright blue colour on the white wipe screen function.

I bought the tv on a credit (buy it now, pay in 9 mths job - which will be november) from Digital Direct, do you think I would be able to get it replaced seeing as it is bought on credit ?

You can only try, you may want to contact Trading standards and they can tell you if the timescale is reasonable, should be and seeing as though your dead pixel is in the middle of screen this should give you more ammunition. Trading standards will go through a letter that you can send to the retailer and credit company explaining that they are in breach of contract due to selling defective goods quoting certain sales acts. Give it a go, nothing to lose.

BIGMAX said:
Just to let you know that I had a call on Friday afternoon from the retalier and they are now willing to take the tv back and give me a full refund as they have no more stock of this plasma. They have offered me the new LG 50pc1da which they will have from the first week in September and they will do at the same price. I don't know whether to have the refund and buy the Samsung again or take the LG instead which sounds decent enough. Can't seem to get the Samsung anywhere now for the same money (£1726.00) so might just go with the lg.

Amazing what a bit of pressure regarding sales acts will do, thanks for the advice people.

great result BIGMAX. these disputs can drag on forever if these companies sense that you dont know your stuff.
let us know which model you go for and how good/bad it is. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom