• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung F900 Upscaling blue ray DVD`S to 1080p

chaz

Prominent Member
Hi I think I might of made a boob here hopefully I have not. With in a couple of mths I will be buying The Samsung F900 65" 4K TV I have just brought a Sony BDP -S5100 at a good price But I have noticed that that the Sony does not upscale blue rays to full 1080p. But I seem to remember that the Samsung will do the up scaling on normal blue ray anyway am i right in this or have I have I not made the bargain I thought I had

chaz

Prominent Member
Thanks for your answer so it looks like I will have to go for something like the Samsung BD-7500 then. So getting the Sony was not the bargain I thought I had Oh well live and learn

toadz

Established Member
The f9000 does upscaling to 4k from any 1080p feed, much better than a £100 player will anyway. I'd wait until a true 4k player comes to market

Worktolivelife

Established Member
If you get the Samsung f7500 it will work hand in hand with a Samsung TV to give the BD WISE option which is an auto picture enhancement option (more worthwhile for DVD than bluray) just connecting the Sony the TV will do all the up scaling which I preferred to the TV implementing BDwise which will also change colour contrast on the TV itself as well which may not be to your liking

chaz

Prominent Member
Thanks for all the reply's Guys So what do you think (as I am a bit Confused now) Do keep the Sony 5100 and let the Samsung F900 do the 4K upscaling from the sony player and wait until a true 4K player comes on the market it seems both of you say keep the sony player and let the f900 do the work am i correct on that

Worktolivelife

Established Member
We'll I ordered the Samsung 7500 to go with my new HU8500 but already had the sony 5100 I'm sending back the Samsung, it did nothing more really than what you can achieve by altering your custom settings "but to your liking", in fact you can turn it off if you don't like the effect, so effectively your back to what I said you just adjust the upscaled image by the TV to your liking. So kinda pointless fluff IMHO

chaz

Prominent Member
Thanks a lot for the help So I think it will be better to keep the Sony 5100 and let the Samsung do the 4K upscaling and wait for a 4k player to come out (hopefully that will not be to long away)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom