Samsung F8000, Denon AVR-X2000 and ARC set up

DarkMatter33

Novice Member
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to a Samsung F8000 and Denon AVR-X2000 receiver and I am very happy with the set up for watching things from Virgin Tivo or the media centre via the amp.

The problem I have is if I try to watch content from the TV, I don't get any audio going back to the amp via the ARC HDMI socket.

On the TV audio settings, the Receiver option for output is greyed out, so I can't select it.

I know I could connect an optical cable back to the Amp, but it would be nice to make use of the ARC feature if I can get it working.

Anyone come across this before and managed to get it sorted?

I have tried searching the web, but can't find anything that helps.

myles786

Novice Member
Hi,

I have recently upgraded to a Samsung F8000 and Denon AVR-X2000 receiver and I am very happy with the set up for watching things from Virgin Tivo or the media centre via the amp.

The problem I have is if I try to watch content from the TV, I don't get any audio going back to the amp via the ARC HDMI socket.

On the TV audio settings, the Receiver option for output is greyed out, so I can't select it.

I know I could connect an optical cable back to the Amp, but it would be nice to make use of the ARC feature if I can get it working.

Anyone come across this before and managed to get it sorted?

I have tried searching the web, but can't find anything that helps.

Hi

I've got the exact same setup as you.
ARC does work, albeit cumbersome.
In order to get it to work you there are setting on the TV as well as the AVR you need to set.
On TV side you need to activate Anynet and HDMI CEC. On AVR you need to activate HDMI control to ON.
If you have further trouble feel free to email/PM me.
I have some questions for you as well.
Do you have "audio dropouts" when playing DTS content via the built in TV Video player?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom