Samsung F7 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure this is correct ?? What are your sources, have heard that component will be fine. Just don't want to pruchase another cable for the 360:hiya:

Yes don't talk to me about 360 cables got the component with my premium 360, but I still had my old CRT then. so splashed out on the advanced Scart lead. Last week in anticipation of getting the Sony W series TV I purchesed the VGA lead for 1080p goodness (come update and HD DVD add on) that was before finding out that the W series can't output 1080 over VGA :( doh, so yes on the cable front I think I can now hook my 360 upto pratically any display device now :)

@evade

Completely know where your coming from :hiya:

I was looking at this:
http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/display...75&WT.srch=1&gclid=CKvE1aiw-4cCFTdPEgodD3MkIA
but it only menstions 1080i?
I there something else I should be looking at?

There will be a firmware patch for the 360 that will allow 1080p over component (for games) and over VGA (for games, DVD and HD-DVD). This will be released around the same time the HD-DVD drive for the 360 becomes available:)

Ok well my first time (newbie) on avforums but have been an avid reader over the past months looking at the Samsung LN-S4096D and now the Samsung 40" LCD F7 Series, namely the LE40F71B.

I've been waiting for the LN-S4096D in the UK for sometime but now seen the F71 Series. Are these the same model, just US and UK models ?

The US have two 1080p models, the S4095D and the S4096. I think our F71 is the same as the 4095D. I'm not to sure about the difference between the S4095D and the S4096, the Samsung US site has very few details :(

Are you sure this is correct ?? What are your sources, have heard that component will be fine.

Not from personal experience but I have read (here and on other forums) that you will get a better picture using the VGA cable on most sets. That's not to say the component is bad or anything ;)

I am going for the f71 40" and own both a PC & XBox360 and want to connect both at 1080.

Will the XBox360 not do 1080 with the new HD-DVD over component then only VGA?

If so is there an easy way to use both on VGA a switcher box of some sort that will handle 1080p?

Also why can't the PC be used on one of the HDMI slots? Why would that not work right?

I am going for the f71 40" and own both a PC & XBox360 and want to connect both at 1080.

Also why can't the PC be used on one of the HDMI slots? Why would that not work right?

The PC can be used using HDMI but you get overscan and no 1:1 pixel.
Haven't figured out if there is option in the service menu to disable the overscan as I have no clue on how to enter it.
Perhaps also some adjustemnts in Powerstrip could do the thing?

is there a easy way to switch between 2 vga connections? Some sort of switcher box that will handle high resoultions?

Anyone got anymore details on this TV? When is it due for release etc?

One guy on here (Alpinestar) has already purchased it from robertwhyteltd.co.uk He is expecting it tomorrow I think... Hopefully we should get some feedback about it when he has stopped playing with it:rotfl: :rotfl:

Play.com have it in stock now as well but their price is ridiculous!

One guy on here (Alpinestar) has already purchased it from robertwhyteltd.co.uk He is expecting it tomorrow I think... Hopefully we should get some feedback about it when he has stopped playing with it:rotfl: :rotfl:

Play.com have it in stock now as well but their price is ridiculous!

Great! I'll be looking out for his review tomorrow! :smashin:

Not on the RW site. You'll need to call them. Mine should be here tomorrow.:D As I'm at work and doing some family stuff tomrrow, will probably just get it out of the box. Will post a review as soon as I can though.:hiya:

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking and also did it come with 5yr warrenty?

Can somebody tell me so places online that are selling the f7 40" version has I can't find it for sale in many place online?

Play.com is too expensive and I don't like using Empire Direct after a bad experience some years ago.

Anywhere else?

I have the funds sorted so ready to place my order now just need to know where is best?

Paid £1969 with 5 year warranty. Bit excess I know as empire have it for £1700. The thing that sold me was if there where any dead pixels within the 1st 28 days it would be replaced - full stop. Now this is my 1st lcd tv and the 1080p (over component / vga ) completely sold it for me. The customer service I have had has been excellent. Just by chance they had it arrive the day after I cancelled my 40w2000 order.

Paid £1969 with 5 year warranty. Bit excess I know as empire have it for £1700. The thing that sold me was if there where any dead pixels within the 1st 28 days it would be replaced - full stop. Now this is my 1st lcd tv and the 1080p (over component / vga ) completely sold it for me. The customer service I have had has been excellent. Just by chance they had it arrive the day after I cancelled my 40w2000 order.

Is that including delivery and could you post a link to the place you got it from?

@MichaelP

Are you gonna order one then tomorrow if they have them in stock? Not sure what I'm expecting, but microsoft has paired up with samsung to showcase the 1080p capibilities with the f71 series.

I have also sent an email to Samsung (don't hold my breath) asking about what version the hdmi is, hd tuner etc. All this other stuff will just be a bonus.

Don't think it will be on par with the sony X series, but will hopefully matching the W series, which is all I'm asking for. OOOhhhh and the extra bonus of 1080p over component / vga:thumbsup:

@MichaelP

Are you gonna order one then tomorrow if they have them in stock? Not sure what I'm expecting, but microsoft has paired up with samsung to showcase the 1080p capibilities with the f71 series.

I have also sent an email to Samsung (don't hold my breath) asking about what version the hdmi is, hd tuner etc. All this other stuff will just be a bonus.

Don't think it will be on par with the sony X series, but will hopefully matching the W series, which is all I'm asking for. OOOhhhh and the extra bonus of 1080p over component / vga:thumbsup:

Does sound a good TV m8. I downloaded the manual yesterday and most the features seem excellent 1080p for xbox360 and PC gaming sold it for me. Plus HD-DVD on this TV should be excellent.

:) de ja vu mate I also have a sony 40w2000 on order with Robert Whyte which I'm going to cancel, was going to ask them if they were going to be getting these sets in stock, :thumbsup: I'd be really intrested to hear your views about this set once you get it.

Not on the RW site. You'll need to call them. Mine should be here tomorrow.:D As I'm at work and doing some family stuff tomrrow, will probably just get it out of the box. Will post a review as soon as I can though.:hiya:

Looking forward to your review :thumbsup:

Alpinestar - you paid a bit more but ED dont actually have any in stock - says pre-order only... so at least you have one!:cool: :D

people might be interested in this:

Enter shis url: http://www.kieskeurig.nl/review/FA62FD43BB4A0503C12571DC0042C7DF.htm

into the 'translate a web page' field of this translation site:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

choose dutch to english ;)

Looks like the only let down is the sound.... I can live with that. It's easy and fairly cheap to add a good sound system.

Don't you just hate these transulation websites - Bablefish, Reading the review seemed all negative ( just bad transulation) - until you see the score each users has given.

Update

Just called home to see if it has arrive ( not yet :thumbsdow ).

Have got the following set up just out of interest.

Xbox
modded (X2 160gb hdd) running xbmc, connected to my home network. Purchased a hi def cable last week (microsoft original) as I was out bidded for the monster one on ebay. This is used daily

Xbox 360 Premium
Got the component cable, however have purchased the vga with optical out this weekend. Awaiting Delivery

Toshiba rdxs32
Dvd recorder (muliti regional)

Pioneer VSX812 receiver (7.1 dts-es surround)
Very Boomy - excellent amp for action movies / games

Mission 7 Series speakers
2 front / 2 rear / 1 center / 1 sub . However only got 2 fronts / sub and centre setup at the mo.

Joytech Av Centre 2
All connected to this via scart at the mo. Have order the 4 sets of svideo to phono adapters (keene), so I can use it as a component switcher. This product is know to do this via the svideo / composite plugs.

Belkin Pure AV silver component cables x3 - Delivery delayed for another week:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Optical cables (4 meters ) x2
Extra connection for the receiver.

Main pc which I use for storage and streaming is

X2 4200
Asus Premuim SLi board
1gig OCZ performance (running tight timings)
3x Maxtor 200gb Sata (Diamondmax 10)
1X Maxtor 60 gb (ide used for backup)
1x Seagate 320gb SATA 2 (7200.10)
1x 200gb Sata external Icybox (Diamondmax 10)

I'm just glad my wife does'nt really know how much this lot has cost ;)

Update - delivery within the next 30 mins......:clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom