Samsung F7 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you pass on the urls for prices of around €1900 as I travel a lot to the Netherlands and Germany on business and the saving and no delay would make it worthwhile considering Samsung have a EU warranty!

Any urls that have a shop you can visit would be really great! ;)

http://www.witgoeddiscounter.nl/index.php
http://www.witgoedonline.nl/samsung-le40f71-p-3350.html
http://www.huishoudwinkel.nl/index.cfm/fuseaction/artikelen.showArtikel/Kx/1/ArtikelID/014876BF-8855-4704-B2D36674DEED90CD.html
http://www.goedkoopste.nu/?id=17134&kieskeurig=ok (with shop)

I've been interested in the Sony-W and the new Sharp range, but now this has my attention.

How will the screen quality compare to the Sony and Sharp? Any reviews of the LE40F71BX available yet???

Cheers!

I've been interested in the Sony-W and the new Sharp range, but now this has my attention.

How will the screen quality compare to the Sony and Sharp? Any reviews of the LE40F71BX available yet???

Cheers!

Between the Samsung F71 and Sony W2000 there should be very little differance in PQ as the same panel is used in both (manufactured by Samsung ! ).
The difference would be how the signal is processed and for that I don't have any info if Samsung picture processing is better or worse then Sonys.

Cheers !

It's the same panel as used in the Sony X series as well isn't it?

I'm really tempted too. But in peoples experience do prices come down after the tv is released - I mean in the very short term like a few days after everyone has stock?

Still would like some feedback on this tv though, so I might wait for a couple of reviews. How do Samsung usually fare against other brands competing in the same price/feature bracket for a particular tv? My uses will be SD freeview SD dvd player (HD upgrade when it's available for the xbox 360) and xbox 360 at 1080p :thumbsup:

One more thinG. Some sites state it has a 2 year Samsung warranty, wheras Empire direct don't mention anything... presumably to make their own accident/repair warranty seem more attractive. Would I get a full 2 year warranty with empire direct?

Is this the samsung model that has 100hz processing? like the lastest toshiba?

only thing that puts me off samsung is there SD performance is usually poor compared to other makes, even the sony's that use the same panel.

When is the 46" model of this TV out? and do these TV's use 8th generation LCD panels?

The F serie does not have a 100Hz mode. The only Samsung that has this mode is de M71 serie (afaik).

It uses an 1920x1080 S-PVA panel. Same panel as used in the Sony W and X series (afaik again)

Why don't you give JW a call. I know £1969 is abit over the top. But you do get 5 year warranty and if any dead pixels within 28 days, they will exchange the unit. Think the dead pixel did it for me.

Hi alpinestar,
So did you go ahead and order?
I just confirmed with Komplett.co.uk that it does come with a two year warranty from Samsung which contradicts what Empire direct are saying:confused:

I'll keep my eyes on the prices for a few days:smoke:

If you have ordered one be sure to let us know how it is when you get it!

Ordered

They actually had them in stock, but due to their system not updating, I'll have to wait till tuesday. Will post an update hopefully after that

Is there a model of this set that has a freeview/digital tuner?

Whats the picture quality typicly like of digital broadcasts on a set this big (40")?
I do plan on using a sky box, hopefully sky HD. But it would be nice to know that it handles its self well on the "free" front also.

Thanks.

stupid question! who are JW - and they have it in stock!?

Hmmm after looking at the Sony W Series and the X series after downloading the instructions for the 40" version of this I'm tempted, am I correct that these TV's use the same screen as the Sony's but with Samsungs own processing engine? also wasn't sure from the instructions of the maximum res these TV's could output in VGA (as a 360 owner 1080p through VGA would be the icing on the cake) :) guess it's a case of waiting for some type of review for this TV now

Sony and Samsung use the same panels (Samsung S-PVA). Samsung will accept 1920x1080@60Hz where the Sony W and X max out at 1360x768 (according to the manual).
Note that Microsoft are using the Samsung F in their promotion for the Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on so I think it is safe to assume they match up perfectly together.

So what is going to be the best connection for an xbox 360 to this tv (the 40" version if that makes a difference)? Will it be the official component lead that comes with the 360 or is there something better I can use to get the best 1080p picture (after the update that is)? Also how well does game mode perform on Samsung televisions in gereral... is it a gimmik or does ig seriously provide the optimum settings for gaming?

:hiya:

VGA is considered to be the best connection from the 360 to most LCD screens.
Remember that the 360 will only upscale normal DVD's over VGA (and not component) and the VGA connection will be the only output that does 1080p with the upcomming HD-DVD add-on.
So until MS produces a HDMI lead for the 360 (if they ever will) the VGA connection seems to be the best option.

I think the game mode on the Samsung just turns off most of the digital signal enhancement processes to increase the response time and keep the input signal as pure as possible (not sure though).

Ok well my first time (newbie) on avforums but have been an avid reader over the past months looking at the Samsung LN-S4096D and now the Samsung 40" LCD F7 Series, namely the LE40F71B.

I've been waiting for the LN-S4096D in the UK for sometime but now seen the F71 Series. Are these the same model, just US and UK models ?

Also looked at the LE40N73BD (1024x768) in Comet this afternoon and tried to convince the sales guy that the F71 was out but surprise surprise he stared at me blankly. Outside of the 1080p issue on the F7 and going by sheer looks, does the new LE40F71B 40" and 46" LCDs have a clear or silver horizontal bar, as the www.samsung.co.uk website seems to suggest between the N73 and F71 Series.

Very tempted by the price on empiredirect. Did anyone confirm the 1yr warrantee and can you return within 28 days if you get a few dead pixels ?

Thanks

@peels

I do believe that the american do have the LN-S906D. It is similiar in spec to the F71, however we are missing the extra component input. Knowing the market over there, we probably be missing some other stuff. However we do have 1080p over component which is ace.:thumbsup:

I do believe it does have the silver bar at the bottom. Will confirm that when I get mine on Tuesday.
:D

VGA is considered to be the best connection from the 360 to most LCD screens.
Remember that the 360 will only upscale normal DVD's over VGA (and not component) and the VGA connection will be the only output that does 1080p with the upcomming HD-DVD add-on.
So until MS produces a HDMI lead for the 360 (if they ever will) the VGA connection seems to be the best option.

I think the game mode on the Samsung just turns off most of the digital signal enhancement processes to increase the response time and keep the input signal as pure as possible (not sure though).

Are you sure this is correct ?? What are your sources, have heard that component will be fine. Just don't want to pruchase another cable for the 360:hiya:

Would it be okay to assume that reviews of the American version would mostly apply to the European version too? I mean, In terms of picture quality?

If so, CNET has reviewed it.

The good: Reproduces deep blacks with excellent shadow detail; picture stays true from off-angle compared to other LCDs; solid connectivity with two HDMI inputs and a PC input; numerous features including picture-in-picture and CableCard; sleek, glossy-black styling.

The bad: Somewhat expensive; inconsistent color.

The bottom line: One of the best overall LCDs we've tested, the Samsung LN-S4096D delivers very good picture quality along with plenty of features and style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom