• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung evo 840 250gb or crucial m500 246gb

offitmassive

As per title, I'm a bit weary of the samsung as other samsung products aren't quite as well made, and I've already got a crucial m4 so know it's alright. But looking to get a larger ssd for my OS and to allow quicker download of movies and mp3s as my current target drive for the downloads is a wd green and it can't spin quick enough and take the data downloaded down my plusnet fibre line. So ive been using my OS drive but is only 128gb . The plan is to use the current 128gb ssd for my games and a 250gb sad for my OS .So with the m500 at £88 and samsung evo at £99, which one do I go for and why??

Thank you all

Knox

With solid state drives, Samsung is the way and the light
In the Whirlpool computer forum in Australia Samsung SSD's are very highly thought of
No need to be wary or weary, you won't be disappointed
I have an older Samsung 128gb SSD in my desktop and have just installed a 250gb evo in my laptop, I've never had, nor do I expect, any problems with them

Google 'Samsung evo reviews' and see what the world thinks of them
Then Google 'Crucial m500'
That should help you choose between them

offitmassive

Thanks for that. Ive seen that they supply ssd for iMacs and such. And was kinda leaning more toward samsung due to high reviews I had read everywhere but didn't know if it was worth the extra few quid. But it's gonna be the evo I think unless a pro pops up with a blinding deal.

Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom