1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung EIS Colour View Finder 24x

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by gazberotten, Aug 15, 2004.

1. gazberotten

gazberotten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i am new to the Av forums scence and have come here for help. I own a Samsung EIS Colour View Finder 24x and i have some problems.

When i switch on the camcorder a message comes up on the screen d.emg every time i switch it on i can playback my tapes but not record. What is the problem i am expeiriencing.

Hopefully someone could show me how to counter act this problem as it has been upseting me for sometime now

Any help is apreciated

With thanks

(gazberotten)

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    Hi gazberotten and welcome to the forum!

My guess would be that you need to clean the heads on your camcorder. Get a DV cleaning cassette and use that and this will hopefully clear the error message.
    If this does clear the problem then I would suggest that any old tapes you have been useing get replaced. If the tapes are old they will likely have dirt on the surface that gets transfered to the heads of your cam. New tapes are now around £3 each online so not too expensive. Also you must keep to a single make and type of tape as the heads can get clogged up by different coatings on the different makes & types of tape.

Mark.