• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Question Samsung edge cable not working?

chaz

Hi I was wondering if any others been having problems with the samsung edge plus charging cable like me. I will explain I brought my Samsung Edge plus in september no problems until November 7th I was in the Business lounge awaiting my flight to Malaysia I thought I might as well charge my phone so got the plug out plug it into one of the many sockets that they have in the business lounge looked at the phone it was not charging tried different sockets still the same results. Then we tried playing about with the cable and we found out if we lifted the cable slightly it worked.Thinking it was the phone at fault I was not a happy bunny but I could not do nothing until i got back from Malaysia . So once in KL in the hotel I found I had packed one of those wireless chargers which you lay your phone on so I Used the cable which I had no luck with at the airport plugged it in it worked !! but when i tried it with just the cable to my phone it did not work but back in the charger it did. So I went to one of the samsung shops in the Pavilion Super store ( Just to say the christmas decorations and lights in KL make Oxford steet look a joke They had a 25 metre Savoskey Christmas Tree in one of the stores I thought Malaysia is a muslim country!) any back to the subject I showed him the problem I was having he tried it with one of his cables the phone charged fine so i brought a new cable. I told my brother about this he said he had the same problem with his charging cable and he had to buy a new one and he told me his wife was on her 3rd cable all the same problem that the cables where not charging the phone. Has anybody got answers for why this is happening

Smeghead28

I have the same problem on my Edge Plus.
I thought I had damaged the phone USB port on the phone itself so I bought a wireless charging dock but when I plugged in the USB lead I already had in it wasn't powering the dock.
I can get it work if I wedge it but other than that it doesn't work.
At least in one respect I am glad it is the lead that appears to be at fault and not the phone!
I did try and plug the lead into the phone the wrong way around once and after that the cable hasn't worked correctly,maybe that is the answer?

chaz

same as me the faulty cable works if you wedge it but useless beside that have tried my other samsung usb cables with the same fitting all work fine charge as normal the one i got with the phone does not

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom