1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung E720? themes? review?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by peteyoung, May 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    im set on getting the new samsung e720, i just wondered if any of you have it and can give me a hands on review? or just your opinion of it? also can i download themes onto it?

thanks

2. yaserk99

yaserk99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there mate the E720 is in fact the D500 in flip format but dosent come with loudspeaker but has the best video resolution around on a mobile phone ( 352x244) compared to the regular/d500 of 176x220- the screen size is the same and as i know the d500 and this come preset wi 4 colours- blue/amber/purple/green- not downloadable :mad: THE LATESRT 3G SHARP IS THE BEST MULTIMEDIA PHONE AVAILABLE THOUGH :thumbsup:

3. SeedyR

SeedyR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    I've had my e720 for just over a month now after being an avid nokia user for for the last 7 years. It of course took a bit of getting use to (space bar is different button when texting etc) so here are my pros and cons of the samsung e720

Cons

-there are no profiles like on nokias, each time you have to go into sound settings and adjust if you want to vibrate and how loud to ring (you also cant have it vibrate and make a sound for a msg, you have to have one or the other)

-ringing level is not that loud, so i always keep mine in my pocket and let it vibrate, but my girlfriend who also got one has hers in her bag and always misses calls. Level 5 on this samsung is like level 3 on a nokia.

-The voice quality is not amazing. It's nore dire, but it is sometime very noticeable

- You can't just plug normal earphones into the phone, you have to have samsungs which are not that comfy to say the least

Pros
    It may sound like i'm bashing the samsung e720 but im very happy with my purchase

- great colour display

-can set up 4 shortcuts keys very easily

-very good camera for a phone

-very good mp3 player (this is quite loud when played at full volume)

-very good videocamera

-bluetooth easy to use

-good menus and interface

So would i get this phone again? Yes! My mate has a samsung e700 and she just got the e720 and says its a great step up, they've fixed all the small problems, plus added lots of new features. I believe the d500 has 1.3 megapixel camera instead of the 1 megepixel camera of the e720, however the e720 does have a better videocamera resolution.I just preferred the flip design of the e720 so that's why i went for it.

I got mine on o2 Online 200, 500 txt msgs and 200 mins to anyone anytime for £30 a month (phone was free)

Hope this has been of some help, please feel free to ask anymore questions.

Craig

p.s as for themes, you can have any photo you put your own phone as a backround, if you mean all menu themes then you get a choise of 4 preset one, just different colours, you can't rearrange how the menu is set out. You can also have short low quality video clips as your background looped, so instead of the o2 bubbles you can have your mate doing a drunken dance on a loop!

4. yaserk99

yaserk99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :thumbsup: THE ABOVE PHONES ARE THE BEST GOING