1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung e700

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Messiah, Nov 8, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Ooh what a luvverly phone :)

Been using a T100 for about 12 months as my non-work phone and always loved it (size, weight, shape, keypad, etc) apart from the cr*p phone book. Saw the e700 advertised yesterday and picked one up from CW today for just £19.99 (ticketing was incorrect, should have been £99.99 :) ).

What a cracker. And a real bonus that it's lost the aerial. Highly recommended as a 'personal' phone :D

2. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I don't like that you can't down load the pictures via infra red to your pc, you have to upload it to the phone company and then have to pay to have it sent to your pc.
    what a cheek.

Dave.

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Agreed. Didn't know that but then I didn't buy it for the camera and would have been happy to have no camera but totally agree that is a real cheek :(

4. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    U can load them up to your pc via infrared!

Took me hours of trawling round phone forums to find it, but it is possible.

You need to go to samsung.de and d load easy studio.
    for some reason samsung.co.uk and com don't have the relevant software to d load.

The software is in english!
    i'll just find the link......

http://handy.samsung.de/detail_mobil.asp?artid=806

There is a list of download files at the bottom.

bear in mind it is a 66mb zip file so broadband is really helpful! but is well worth it as the pictures this phone takes are superb!

Hope this helps

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Nice one. Downloading it now. Thanks.

6. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    No problem, nice to be of some use for a change!

Once d loaded and installed, find the file manager section and you'll soon work out how to use it to find the photos on the phone.

Also, if anyone is thinking of getting a data cable for this phone, don't bother looking!

They are not going to be available in the country till something ridiculous like march 2004(someone correct me if thats wrong!), even though u can buy them in europe already!! i looked into getting one from germany and including postage it worked out at approx £35!!
    good luck and enjoy the pictures

7. parsnip

parsnip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm a bit mobile illiterate so I think (and hope) these questions will be easy to answer...

I have just got an E700 too, and it is very cool... anyway I would like to know the following:

1) To download photos from phone to PC I understand I can do this via IR, using the easystudio software, but - where can I buy an IR port/cable/whatever for my PC (I have a dell dimension)

2) How can I turn off the annoying sounds that happen whenever I put a new number in, change the wallpaper, etc. I want it to be silent except when it rings basically.

3) I hear talk of unlocking the phone... what does this do and why would i want to do it?

Many thanks in advance.... I'm sure as i use it more i will have more questions too !

8. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    You can pick these up from PC World and other places or order them onlone from the likes of ebuyer or amazon. About a tenner.

I don't think you can. Turn off as much as you can in '3. Sound Settings' but other than that I think you are stuck with them.

Sometimes networks will SIM lock their phones so they can only be used on their network (i.e. with one of their SIMs). If a phone is SIM locked then they can often be unlocked to enable you to use another SIM (fro another network) in the phone. I would n't worry about it unless you want to use your phone on another network and it won't allow you to. Another way to SIM unlock a phone is to ask your provider for the unlock code. There may be a charge for this depending on whether you are still within contract or not.

9. Gazkicka54

Gazkicka54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Roll on the E710... Something special me suspects...

Gaz

10. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just changed my mind i think my new phone will be the Sony z600

11. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    E700 is better tho ;)

12. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have read both reviews and apart from E700 being smaller i think Z600 wins and you can send pictures to your Pc via bluetooth etc
    i will not get one for a couple of weeks so am still thinking but so far from what i have read the Sony Z600 as it for me.

13. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok just been into town and the Sony looks better in print in the hand its a big NO, so yes the Samsung E700 does look and feel great so it now looks like my next phone will be the E700.

reading the reviews the Sony had it but when you see and feel both the Samsung does feel so sexy. off to get that software now to download pictures to PC and i cant wait to get one hope they work as well as they look....

14. juls

juls
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there all had my e700 a few days now just got a irda port of ebay all sinked with the phone and easystudio software :clap: downloaded new ring tones to the phone :D but how do we delite tones from my tunes :confused: any one got any idea

15. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Monkeynuts!

I am getting the E700 delivered tomorrow! Wahey!

However, I don't know if I am being very stupid, but I can't seem to get the link to work you kindly provided for the E700 d'load. When I select it a browser opens, I get the page, but it's in german. I have tried translating the page, but no joy! :-(

I just can't seem to spot the download program, can you help?!

Many thanks,

Mark.

16. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Being stupid, ignore me! Found the download! Cheers!

17. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    your the man
    "it works"

thank you

18. Ayiee

Ayiee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, i know this is very old now BUT! E700 was my very first phone and i still have it and it is working!!

I really want to put the photos on my phone to the computer before my phone breaks since it is quite old and the photos gives back a lot of memory!!!

However, whe ni first purchase this phoen there was no cable to connect the phone to the computer.

Can someone pleaseee tell me how to do this without a cable and please give me the links where you can downlod it!!!!!!

Ive checked trhoufh each post in this forum BUT the link website are no longer avaliable anymore.

PLeasee help mee!! THANKS so much!!!

19. Ayiee

Ayiee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heyy! I know this may be a very long time ago BUT i really need help sending the photos to my comptuer!!!! Ive clicked on the link that you gave but it doesnt seem to exist anymroe but im not suprised since its been time!

E700 was my very first phone and i still have it and it is working!!

I really want to put the photos on my phone to the computer before my phone breaks since it is quite old and the photos gives back a lot of memory!!!

Please can you tell me how to and what to download!! Thank You so much!!!