1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Dvdr125/xeu

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Chanes, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Chanes

Chanes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this Samsung good: SAMSUNG DVDR125/XEU?

HDMI recorder needed this is £229 @ Comet

Views and opinions from the well informed will be much appreciated. Could anyone recommend a better DVD recorder with HDMI?

Edit: D'oh! Wrong forum! could a mod move it? Please :)

2. 46137

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ok hope this helps.
    1. The remote is rubbish I have to point directly to the unit before it works.
    2. The unit is slow to boot up.
    3. The menus are laid out ok but nothing to fancy
    4. The HDMI quality is ok if a bit snowy using there supplied cable.
    (May also be the Ntl digi box coming from the scart lead, not ruled out yet.)
    5. formatting the disks do’s not take to long aprrox 20 – 35 secs.
    6. The unit has a very loud hum sound from the fan on the back of the unit.
    7. The up scaling part is ok for DVDs but I don’t really see a difference for using it for TV viewing if a bit more snowy
    8. It uses DVD-R, DVD-RW and DVD-RAM the first too only 4x speed the RAM 2.5x Speed (duel disks work to)
    9. Divx/ Xvid works ok. But I did have some ones that crashed the unit.
    10. Optical out works ok when playing DVDs but I cant really hear sounds coming from rear speakers. When using 5.1.

Cheers

Leigh ... :) :D

3. Chanes

Chanes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this! I've bought a HDMI cable that was recommended. When you say the picture with HDMI is ok by how much is it better than playing through other inputs? The noise of the fan might get on my nerves too. The remote isn't a problem I would just code it into my learning remote control. Do you think overall it's a good unit for the money? I can easily bury the sound of the fan with volume :)

4. 46137

Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes overall the unit is ok for the money.

As with the HDMI the picture is more detailed I can see a difference, Ie: A persons face is more real to me with small dents, Spots and so on.
    I would even say its doing a close job to HD but not really as good, considering it is only up scaling. (when using it to view tv ). But I still don't see a big difference in dvd viewing.

cheers

leigh :) :D

5. Chanes

Chanes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I bought one from Comet and it is great! The HDMI really makes a difference to my eyes - especially on the digitally mastered DVDs (set to 1080i). I can't say the fan noise is intrusive either. Thanks for the feedback!

PS. You're right about the remote, it isn't reliable!

6. ronaldo

ronaldo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Chanes, I can't seem to get my r-125 to output 1080, the option is greyed out? Which connection are you using?

Thanks for any info