1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung DVDHR725 - anyone know anything?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by horlock, Aug 14, 2005.

1. horlock

horlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been interested in the Samsung range of HD (of sorts - I know it's just a HDMI out) dvd players and have slowly been getting more and more expensive, but this one sounds absolutely ideal for me.

Seems to have HDMI out
    Record dvds
    and
    have a 160GB harddisk

But what I don't know is whether it is any good?

Anyone with comments/recommendations/reasonable alternatives/cheaper prices

I'm currently looking at £330.

Thanks I'm new and don't have a clue about technical terms - to me HD means more dots which is good! Beyond that these strings of intials well I don't have a clue. Incidentally if there are a list of definitions on these forums that I've missed and anyone wants to let me know I would be most greatful.

Ta

James

2. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
    It depends what display you have really, there's no point in buying a dvd player because it upscales to 720p (1280x720 progressive scan) if your display does'nt have a native resolution of 1280x720.
    Generally dvd recorders don't have as good picture quality as standalone players as there is too much going on inside the machine.
    You might want to consider the fact that HD-DVD is due to be released at the end of this year as well before you splash out on an expensive player.