Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Samsung DVDHR700E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by womble30, Aug 28, 2004.

1. womble30

womble30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know anything about this DVD HDD recorder?

I'm going to buy one and have been looking round, the general opinion seems to be the Toshiba 32, but I just found this Samsung DVDHR700E with a 120gb hd, on a couple of sites for around £440, as the Tosh is around £400 (can't find it cheaper than £394, in case you can) £40 extra for the 40gb.
    Good or not?

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,586
    I have been trying to get my hands on one for ages. Samsung's original DVD recorder products were based on the Panasonic range - if this model follows that trend but with Samsung additions (most notably DVD-RW Video recording and 7in2 card slot) it could be an excellent model. Has anyone had a hands on experience with this model yet?

3. frankh

frankh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I've bee interested in that model, too, but I was not able to get my hands on any product information. Not even the german Samsung support knows anything ... :(

The seems to come a DVD-HR800 model, but even that is not out yet.

Any hint ?

Best greetings

frank