Samsung DVD Theatre, TV and SKY+HD Connections

Deepak Ganesan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post in the forum so apologies if I've posted under the wrong section.

I've recently moved homes and as a result, I have to setup my Samsung Devices to work with Sky+HD. In my older home, everything was setup well, and all audio (DVD & Sky) was re-directed through my Samsung Home theatre. But now I'm scratching my head to get the connections going.

So, here's what I have:
1. Samsung DVD Home theatre (HT-TZ325)
2. Samsung TV (LE40B651)
3. Sky+HD Box

How do I make the connections so I can have all Audio directed through the Home Theatre?

Thanks everyone.

DG

Home Theatre --- HDMI Cable --- TV
SKY --- Optical Cable --- Home Theatre
SKY ---- HDMi Cable --- TV

Hey Thanks,

But in my previous setup, I don't remember using an Optical cable.
Is there another configuration possible?

Regards

Option 2 but you will only then get stereo output from Sky, if you use option 1 you will get 5.1

Home Theatre --- HDMI Cable --- TV
SKY ---- HDMi Cable --- TV
TV --- 3.5mm Audio cable --- Home Theatre

Hey thanks a lot.
I guess I'll go ahead and buy the optical cable.

So, in this recommended setup, No SCART cables involved??

Thank you so much.
The Optical cable has worked !! Now all my audio gets directed through the home theater.

Hi,

I have now encountered another problem. I frequently connect my USB hard disk to the TV to watch movies / home videos. Yesterday, I found that I cannot get any audio out in the current setup (as above).

I can only get audio (from TV) if I turn the DVD Home theatre off.

How can I get the Audio from the USB HDD (connected to TV) through the home theatre?

It's quite likely that your TV doesn't route the USB audio through the optical output of your TV . You would have to check the manual for that.

It may work through the headphone or aux audio out on the TV to the home theatre if it has an analogue input

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom