1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung DVD-R125

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by 54xhg, Aug 18, 2005.

1. 54xhg

54xhg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    What is the recording quality like on the samsung dvd-r125,and how good is the playback quality.Does it have RGB in and out?

Thanks.
    54xhg

2. Solidstate

Solidstate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    According to the specs in the Instructions it does have RGB IN & OUT.
    Thats all I know.

3. seanm

seanm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    It would be interesting to see, If it upscales those inputs when output to HDMI.

4. simonr

simonr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one from Comet and have just returned it. A bit of an inpulse buy, it pays to do a bit of research before buying (wish I had :eek: )

This DVD recorder does not upscale RGB inputs over the HDMI connector, only composite video. The video outputs are listed in the manual, and do show only composite video over HDMI.

I only had it connected via HDMI, picture looked soft, there are three HDMI outputs 576p 720p and 1080i. Picture looked the best on 576p the other outputs had a kind of shimmering effect on fine detail probably from where it was filling in the blanks.

Overall it was a poor decision to buy a poorly designed DVD/Recorder, how Samsung forgot to include RGB over HDMi is a mystery! I'll stick with component from my Panny E55 DVD Recorder. HDMI offerd no improvemnt in picture quality for me.