Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Samsung DVD-R125 DVD recorder with HDMi

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by james_19742000, Sep 28, 2005.

1. james_19742000

james_19742000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Is this Samsung unit any good?? Anyone and experince of it??

Any views would be of interest.

Thanks, James

2. cooperda

cooperda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago.

It's paired up with a Philips 26in HD ready LCD (1366x768) connected using the supplied HDMI to DVI cable (a HDMI to HDMI cable is also in the box)

DVD playback is great - 'Return of the King' set on 1080i looks great although I which I could have afforded the large 32in Philips.

My TV has builtin Freeview but I use an external Freeview box connected via RGB Scart to record.

The player and the TV sometimes leave a blank screen - it seems to take the Samsung about 25 to 30 seconds to 'Load' discs (checked for DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW or other perhaps - and looking for playlists)

I tend now to switch the Samsung on first.

Using any of the disc in 1hr or FR (flexable recording) give what looks to me a perfect copy - to the same 'quality' as the souce programme.

One problem I do have with my Freeview recordings - and this may be due to my Freeview box not the Recorder itself - is that the 'whole' image is recorded including a narrow greenish line at the very top of the image - this is also visible when watching via Samgungs AV2 input ( it's like the 'text' data that normally is not visible) ie. the recorded picture shows all the extremes of the TV image.

I'm very pleased with the Samsung - I wish I'd bought a bigger LCD and think they should now come with two HDMI inputs!!

Cheers, Dave C.

3. james_19742000

james_19742000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    So oveall it is a good little unit, saw it in Comet today for £229.95 and have found it online for £199.95 so a saving already, interesting that it comes with the leads as well, not a huge extra cost but if it comes with it and saves a few opennies then all good news, I would be looking to hook it up via the DVI port on my Plasma, so it would look pretty good would it?

Thanks, James.

4. cooperda

cooperda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    More than a few pennies - these cables can each cost 40 UKPs upwards for 1.5m lengths - although most people of course would only need to buy one of the two types supplied.

Cheers, Dave C.