samsung dvd r100e

C

cjuk28

Please help me
have spent a couple of hours now searching the net for the multi region hack for this unit samsung dvd r100e

have now given in and deceided to ask all you guys
please put me out of my misery
Carl

Cjuk (Carl)

Try This Hack...although I think the Hack is for a Player Purchased in Region 2 ...The Codes in Step 3 may need to be different if you Player has been Purchased in another Region.

1 Without Disk , Press '0' (Zero) 4 ~ 5 Times.
2 Press 'Repeat' Button on Remote Control (Do NOT confuse yourself with the "Repeat A-B" Button)
3 Press 3,8,7,6,7
4 After that you can see current Region Code in Upper Left Side Of Screen.
5 Press '9' and The Current Region Code will be changed into 9 ( Region Free)
6 Press 'Open' 'Close'

N.B In Step 1 you will need to Press the '0' (Zero) Key a Second or Two apart to get it to work first time...the Current Region Code and 9 will only flash on screen for a couple of Seconds

As you have not stated which is the Region of your Player to start with, here are the Codes for the others ...you may have to substitute the code in step 3 with one of these if your player is Not Region 2 Purchased.

RC 1: 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
RC 2: 3, 8, 7, 6, 7 (or 5,7,5,3,8 )
RC 3: 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
RC 4: 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
RC 5: 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
RC 6: 2, 4, 4, 6, 2

Let the Forum Know if it works ...or not

Happy Hacking

Hackeroonie

it works a treat the adove hack cheers
can play all my daughters ntsc stuff now
cjuk:clap:

cjuk28 said:
it works a treat the adove hack cheers
can play all my daughters ntsc stuff now
cjuk:clap:

Please advise all the steps taken to put in the hack, ie. which TV channel was the Samsung switched onto on to see all the hack details. I assume the tv is switch on, was it via the scart etc. I have tried on a number of occassions to use this hack but without success:mad:

Thanks in advance.

Terry

i just had it on the av channel but i think it was on a tv channel ie no disc playing
i used the region 2 codes
the region changes only flashed up very quickly
i actually though i was doing it wrong but it plays fine on us discs

cjuk28

cjuk28, thanks for the quick response, so turn on TV, turn on the Samsung R100E, select the TV AV channel, AV channel shows whatever channel the Samsung is tuned onto, i.e BBC1, then start punching in the hack with the Samsung remote control....?

cjuk28, thanks very much, tried again and it worked fine. I tried DVD's with regions 1, 3 and 4 and they all worked perfectly:clap:
I was misled by the number shown in the top lefthand corner of the screen, it was showing '7', I was exspecting to see '2' for region 2. Anyway all's well that ends well. Thanks again for your help.

I have this DVD recorder but I can't get the hack to work. What are you supposed to see after you've pressed the "0" key 4-5 times that lets you know it's time to press the "repeat" button?

I know the instructions are pretty self explanatory but any other suggestions would be appreciated. Just bear in mind I am a techno idiot.:rolleyes:

Vincent, you don't get any real indication, all I did was to press '0' 4-5 times, then quickly followed on with the rest of the instructions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom