• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung dvd problems!!!

LittleD

Standard Member
Can someone please help before my DVD player sends me over the edge!

I have a Samsung - Multiformat DVD-R/-RW/-R DL/+R/+R DL/+RW/RAM Recorder/4-Head Hi-Fi VCR Combo in the front room

the idea is that I can "record" a dvd on my back living room DVD player/recirder and play it on the above mentioned player in the front room

I am using DVD - RW to record on but when I come to watch the DVD in the front room it goes all pixeled so its annoying to try to watch - then another time I get a message saying do I want to initialize disk if I do I wipe the thing

This Samsung DVD player is supposed to handle all types of formats but it's just not working out

the other day I recorded a Midsomer Murder to watch that evening, I recorded on the Samsung to play on the Samsung but just keep getting the initialize disk message when I tried to watch the thing.

It's driving me mad - if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll be eternally grateful, thanks in anticipation of an answer that will stop me reaching for the nearest heavy object

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Are you finalizing the DVD disc on the first machine before attempting to play it back on the second? Also, certain machines may be more/less tolerant of particular makes and formats of discs than other machines. Find a manufacturer and format that both machines are happy to record to/play, and stick with those.

LittleD

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply.

I got this because according to the manufacturer all the following are compatible:
DVD-R/-RW/-R DL/+R/+R DL/+RW/RAM Recorder/4-Head Hi-Fi VCR

So I was thinking that what ever I record on the one will be ok on the Samsung as it appears to cope with all formats.

Didn't realise that I needed to finalise a disk, could well be the whole problem will be solved - this is where my lack of knowledge is driving me mad as well - i need to try to work this out for myself - no one to ask other than on here.

thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom