samsung dvd-m405 region hack

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by jonnycocacola, Dec 23, 2002.

1. jonnycocacola

jonnycocacola
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know a region hack that actually works for the Samsung DVD-M405? There are loads out there, but none that work.

Also, if anyone needs it, I have the firmware modification necessary to make Aiwa XD-DV480 multiregion. It definitely works as I used it on my machine.

Robin

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know if you have tried these

3. jonnycocacola

jonnycocacola
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes thanks, I already tried that, it is the standard code which has no effect. The same code is found at lots of websites.

Does anyone know if the firmware version was changed for the DVD-M405 or what happened to make the hack work for some moodels but not others?

4. rushy7

rushy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    hi there ,im after the firmware upgrade for the aiwa 480 if you have it

5. lampshuk

lampshuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you ever get a reply to this? I have just purchased a Samsung HT-DM150 all-in-one on the basis that there seemed to be a simple hack for it using just the remote.

Unfortunately the hack doesn't work, so I'm interested in alternatives...short of buying a new system, of course.:rolleyes:

Martin.

6. jonnycocacola

jonnycocacola
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't heard of any hacks that work for the DVD player. I bought it for my parents online for less than half price after researching it, reading reviews etc, and all revies said there was a simple handset hack. Dagnabbit.:mad:

7. lampshuk

lampshuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funnily enough I just got my 150 hacked using the "published" method. I think it's about the 12th time I tried - each time the same - but it just worked the last time. Maybe it's a timing-critical thing.

With the 150 there's absolutely no feedback while keying but the drawer pops open when the mod has "taken".

So I guess I'm in the clear. :blush: Best of luck.

Martin.

8. king2001

king2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    lampshuk,

Before going down the seperates route we were looking at all-in-one systems but never got around to demoing the DM150.

However my parents are now after a small setup and am wondering if you can give us an insight into how good it is as they have been unable to find anywhere to demo it.

Also did you compare it to any other systems as I have recommended the pioneer 303 which for the money is pretty impressive.

Cheers,

Jonathan.

9. lampshuk

lampshuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very happy with it so far, but didn't compare it to any other systems. At that budget end you only get them stuck on a shelf at Dixons so there's no real ability to compare. I also considered the 303 but was a bit put off by a comment in a review about the possible lack of volume from the speakers. The Samsung has loads of Oomf and we use it in a fairly big room. It seems very good for that.

One slight disappointment is that it has only SCART and Composite out, so to use it with the PTAE100 projector I have had to connect via a SCART/RGB to S-Video converter which I suspect is leading to some image degradation. I'll pay more attention to that "next time". I haven't tried much music through it yet but what I have tried is a bit disappointing, I have to say.

With that said, I watched Minority Report on it last night and was completely blown away.

I hope that's helpful in some respect.

Martin.