Samsung DVD HD860 Switching Off

DougieB

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Curious fault has suddenly appeared when using this player via HDMI on Samsung LE32R41BD LCD. Disc loads and begins playback then approx 1 min
into movie proper the 860 just switches off. Restarting and letting it carry on the second time , the DVD plays through to the end. This has happened three times now, with The Incredibles (R2), Sunshine (R2) and The Abyss (R1).

Any help appreciated.

DougieB:confused:

Hi, I'm having almost the same issue.

Did you find a solution ?

The HD860 just goes into standby mode at apparently random times. Sometimes it is ok for an hour or longer. Sometimes it fails after a few seconds. I've tried many different discs and power points. Even just playing a DVD in the garage with nothing attached: you can see from the playing clock that it stops after a few mins.

Also the BRIGHT blue light. Any option to cut that out ?

regards

Could be a faulty Power Board. I'd get it replaced if you can.

Hi, I'm having almost the same issue.

Did you find a solution ?

The HD860 just goes into standby mode at apparently random times. Sometimes it is ok for an hour or longer. Sometimes it fails after a few seconds. I've tried many different discs and power points. Even just playing a DVD in the garage with nothing attached: you can see from the playing clock that it stops after a few mins.

Also the BRIGHT blue light. Any option to cut that out ?

regards

Hi LegendsWear7

No I have not yet found a solution, but I am going to try the firmware update
and see if that corrects the problem (fingers crossed the M/R hack will still work)

Will post results later. Firmware upgrade can be found here:http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ZoranDVD/

DougieB

Hi to any 860 owners.

Tried updating firmware on 860 but found that the posted update on the Samsung site was the same as currently on my player (081006.05 86iHVXEXEL).

Am still getting the interruptions to playback at various points. Has anyone come across a solution via Firmware updates or other means??

DougieB:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom