samsung DVD-HD850

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by garying232, Sep 3, 2005.

1. garying232

garying232

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all
    first post been lurking for a while
    so here goes , does any one have samsung DVD-HD850 player and if so what do you think , is it any good when playing back dvd through HDMI ,upscalling? do you get HDMI cable with player :hiya: :hiya: ?

2. iamhoey

iamhoey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have a HD 850, but I did have a HD 950 which I returned. It was a complete joke. If you want to playback DivX files I would avoid this player. Also if you want a remote which isn't the size of a cat, and actually responds, then again don't get this player. I can't say I was overwhelmed by the HDMI, but it could be my TV's fault, it didn't appear to be any different to SCART! But I am blaming the player! Luckily (!) my component output didn't work at all so I could return it to RS.

Avoid at all costs, apparently the Pioneer 575 is good, but it doesn't have HDMI...

Hope this helps

3. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
  4. garying232

garying232

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    : :nono: :nono:
    yes i did search forum, but answers were not any use some said yes to HDMI cable others no ,some said quality good others not, and most post were from couple of months ago, so wanted reply that was up to date i got one replay that was helpfull and one that wasent werth reading , i guess you no which one yours was :hiya:

5. nick501

nick501

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +782
    yes I have recently got the sammy hd850. no I didn't get the hdmi lead, and no the upscaling feature made the picture worse on my TV although the picture with the player at 576p is very good.

6. xxxx

xxxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I can't comment on the 850 but the 950 I saw came with two HD leads and upscaling seemed reasonable. However MPEG4 support was awful. In fact it shouldn't really be described as an MPEG4 player at all, it's so bad. DVDs OK though.

I wouldn't buy one for myself.

7. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Good 2nd post, you'll go far...PJ :nono: