Samsung DVD-HD850 region hack troubleshooting?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rootdoc, Aug 28, 2005.

1. rootdoc

rootdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used the hack to turn my region 2 locked player into a multi-region (inputting the 57538 code via the remote) and it worked. However, when I put in a region 1 disc it doesn't automatically put the image on-screen into full screen. It instead has a black bar across the bottom of the screen. I can get rid of this by stopping the disc, going into the DVD player menu screen, going into "setup", selecting display stup, putting TV aspect from wide to 4:3 pan scan then back to wide (which then inturn gets rid of the bar). Then when I play the DVD, the bar is gone. Is there not a way in which the DVD player should convert the NTSC image automatically which my old multi-region DVD player used to as doing it manually is a pain. Can anybody help??

2. dmjohnson123

dmjohnson123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    With Samsung players (I also have an 850) you have to manually set them from Pal to NTSC in the display setup menu (Region 2 is Pal and Region 1 is NTSC).

If I forget to set this I get jerky playback of NTSC discs.

Maybe this is causing your problem.

Hope this helps.

3. rootdoc

rootdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I've tried that, but I was just hoping that there was a way that it would change automatically. The black bar does go, it just bugs me having to manually fiddle with the player every time I play a NTSC disc. Thanks for your help though.