1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung DVD-HD850 and JVC 37LTDS6 over HDMI??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MDPlatts, Oct 16, 2005.

1. MDPlatts

MDPlatts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    got these and it all works well - few flashes/green-screens/static on putting in a disk - but looks great. DivX is ok - except for (presently) lack of V6 support which I suppose will get fixed via firmware eventually. Mine came with the HDMI cable - which I believe some early ones didn't.

However when I play around with some menus on disks it occasionally goes through the above routine - the TV displays the "HDMI 1080i" message and the disk resets/crashes and acts as though I've just put in a new disk and I have to watch/skip the 20mins of adverts again.

Anyone else have similar issues?

Also, any recommendations on found best settings for the HDMI settings on player or on the JVC LCD (or other panels) - the DVD's RGB normal/expand etc stuff - theres meant to be a couple of similar settings on the JVC but the picture size one is greyed out for me - and I only get the audio auto/analogue/digital setting - set to digital ATM.

When I can afford it I'll be connecting it via the panasonic SA-XR70 reciever which has HDMI in/out for some better sound.

M.

2. Craigy

Craigy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    I have the same JVC as you, to be honest I never had to change anything on the tv, just my toshiba 350, changed video out to component, auto on pal/ntsc settings, works perfect, I have mine set to 720p, tried out T2, Monsters Inc and Batman Begins and the picture quality is superb.

3. nh3com

nh3com
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have the same set up as you and yep the screen goes crazy with all kinds of lovely colours and it's crashed a few times while changing the res.

4. kato670

kato670

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the JVC 37DS6, but with a Samsung 950 and I am constantly (every 20-30 secs) getting the green flashes etc.

Is it a fault with the player or the TV? (I've tried a different HDMI cable and the flashing still occurs)

5. MDPlatts

MDPlatts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Does anyone get the crash/lockup when playing with the menus - I don't get any problems once I'm into playing a film - just a few green flashes on startup - but I've had it restart the dvd from the start (i.e. several mins of adverts) 5 or 6 times now when I've been navigating the screen menus.

The green flashing is usually accompanied by the tv saying in its silver box on the top right of the screen hdmi/1080i - I presume the hdmi signal from the dvd player is dropping out/switching off and the tv reacts to it - some sort of mismatch between the two I suspect - and although they usually re-synch, they sometimes don't and you're left with a green screen or snow - usually green I find. I only get the snow when I insert the disk at the start.

M.