Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Samsung DVD-HD745 (945) playback problems?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Camillo, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Camillo

Camillo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone experienced problems with playing standard DVDs using the new Samsungs? My 745 has clear problems with read errors when I start it up - however, after a while, the problems seem to diminish significantly. I can watch an entire movie without problems, but the first few minutes usually lead to read errors or complete lock-ups.

I have the player hooked up to my 32PF9986 using DVI, and currently I tend to use 576p. However, the errors persist also on 720p, and most probably regardless of resolution.

I'm just wondering if this may be a pickup problem (heat-related), or if it is a general issue with the players.

2. dbisping

dbisping
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing noted here on my 945 feeding the Tosh DLP at 720p

Dave...

3. thebigkung

thebigkung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problems here. 945 -> pio 434HDE via HDMI 720p

4. Maranaz

Maranaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a HD745 linked to LG Plasma via DVI and have an excellent picture. I have experienced no read problems on either Region 1 or 2 Disks.
    Cheers,
    Maranaz