1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung DVD-H40

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by freeview_ejc, Jan 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. freeview_ejc

freeview_ejc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got this Samsung DVD/HD Recorder? I've got one on order but there's still time to cancel if anyone knows of any major faults. T3 has a review but they mention that it was a test model and the bugs should be fixed. I just swapped my Thomson DTH7000 for it (see thread on the DTH7000 elsewhere).

I've also downloaded the manual and it seems to operate as a VCR and not a PVR which is fine as I mainly want it to record Simpsons while I'm at work, and most of friday night TV to be watched on a Sunday night. Also to record some late programmes (no, not of that variety) to see at a more convenient time. Videoplus+ is fine, but ideally I would like it to integrate with my Sony Freeview Box via Smartlink, so I can use the EPG. Anyone know if that's possible?

I know that you're all going to tell me to get a TiVo, and don't get me wrong I would love one, but my budget has a height of £300, and I have so far failed to find a decent TiVo (with sub) for that price.

If anyone has any arguments for or against the Samsung, please save me the trouble of buying it by posting for/against here. Thanks in advance!

2. freeview_ejc

freeview_ejc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Change of plan. From what I've read so far, I'm not impressed enough with the H40. Seems ok in theory, but reading a bit more about what you guys are all saying, I think TiVo is the way to go. I picked one up on ebay for £209 - have to wait til March though!