Samsung DVD-H1080 Region Code

S

skippy_77

I'm after a region code for this DVD-Upscaler. I can't seem to find any region code for this any where. I've tried the code for the F1080 but that didn't work. I think the design of the remote may have changed and the keys are different.

If any one could pelase help me with this issue.

Since this is a UK forum, I'll assume you have a R2 DVD player.
I have just ordrer this player myself online (in France), waiting to receive it.
But I've had a lot of Samsung players, and the region unlocking process is pretty much always the same.

Try this and tell me if it works:

1- Power on
2- Open tray
3- Press "INFO"
4- Close tray
5- Wait for "No disc" then press INFO
5* optional step (depends on the DVD player) - Press "Repeat" (not the A-B one)
6 - Press 5 7 5 3 8 (which is region 2 code for Samsung )
7 - Hopefully a 2 should appear, then press 9, wait for it to diseappear
8 - Power Off

If not working, skip the 4 and 5 steps (let the tray open) and retry

This is what I'm going to try asap, let me know if it works for you

Thanks for the quick reply, however there are not any numbers on the remote. Only writing for the button to indiate what it does.

Just got the manual from the samsung site, and f*** it but you're right, no digits on the remote...
Guess we'll have to figure something out using the TV remote through the Anynet function.

Last edited:
This is a great player, with MP3 ripping function, USB Mass storage access, Full HD 1080P viewing, it's just a shame I can't seem to find a code for this. It's been out a short while now. I've watched some DVD's already and the player is great at upscaling.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to get the region free code that would be great

cheers
:thumbsup:

I've just bought this dvd, love it (or at least the appearance of it) tried to play my dvd's and it wouldn't play. Tried to play my region 1 dvd's and it played str8 away.

So would i be correct in entering Teks9's code?
Please could someone help me in figuring this out.

Many thanks x

You will not be able to, as there are no numbers on the remote, you could try a universal remote on it and let me know if it works. I have to amit the remote isn't that great, and it's too small....

This has only been out a short while, hopefully some one soon will find a code for this. It's a shame we have to put up with this region rubbish on DVD's as they know we'd get the cheaper DVD's straight from the states i.e. region 1.

So I have received my player yesterday, and I am so disapointed that it is going back to the store tomorrow:

- Anynet function is crap: supposedly, you can turn on the DVD player from the TV menu, but it takes twice as time to turn it on this way than by the regular way, and my TV turned itself down 3 or 4 times without asking when I turned off the player. I ended up by deactivating this function.
- No region hack: I have tried to input the 5 digits code using the anynet function, but since it is not possible to use the TV remote except in the configuration menu, my attempt was unsuccessfull
- 1080P upscaling not that great: frankly, I have the X360 HD-DVD player and it is doing the same job, so why spend extra money for another device? (because I wanted R1 DVD upscaling...)
- The famous Samsung BD-Wise function: I have a last year generation 40" Samsung TV, and the BD-Wise function was not available in the DVD player config menu

So I'm keeping my Xbox 360 to upscale my R2 DVDs, and my old player to read my divx files.

I have just ordrer this player myself online (in France), waiting to receive it.
But I've had a lot of Samsung players, and the region unlocking process is pretty much always the same.

1- Power on
2- Open tray
3- Press "INFO"
4- Close tray
8 - Power Off

Hi, i just purchased one of these on E-Bay, has there been any luck with unlocking this model to play region 1 disc's?
:lease:

So is the general view that this is a new player and codes will come out eventually or is it a possibility that these players may never be made region free?

Hi there, I really want to buy one of these dvd players, but has a region unlock code/method been found yet?

Any news on whether there is a way to make this multi region ???

Not sure about the hacks, i just took mine out of the box, bloody thing says wrong region on all dvd's (PAL)

bought from comet in edinburgh as well. The wife is going to pop in and exchange it later on..

Big Credit to Comet.
Changed with no fuss, after 3 members of staff having a look through the settings.

Lets hope the replaced one works ok.....

I need help. I bought in usa this dvd samsung h1080 and i live in Argentina. Here all is zone 4... i need to convert to multi zone!!!

1- Power on
2- Open tray
3- Press "INFO"
4- Close tray
8 - Power Off

This worked for me...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/dvd-player-hacks/1046072-samsung-dvd-h1080r.html

For convenience....
1) power on the DVD player with no disc in it.
2) On the connected display you'd see "no disc" message
3) Key in the follwing keys one after the other
a) Repeat (the one without the symbol)
b) Fast Forward
c) UP arrow
d) DOWN arrow
e) STOP
f) RIGHT arrow

after this you'd see a 'O' symbol message. This means that the unlock was successful.
If you pressed a wrong key combination by mistake, then you'd have to restart from switching the DVD player on.

1) power on the DVD player with no disc in it.
2) On the connected display you'd see "no disc" message
3) Key in the follwing keys one after the other
a) Repeat (the one without the symbol)
b) Fast Forward
c) UP arrow
d) DOWN arrow
e) STOP
f) RIGHT arrow

Hi,
this does NOT work on my DVD-H1080R :eek:

Is there some typo in the Keys?

Just to make sure you are using the right keys,

1. Repeat is the one without the symbol on it.
2. Fast Forward is >> and not >|
3. Up, Down and right are the ^ and V and > arrow keys

It doesnt work!!. Could you send picture of the step?. Because i tried and doesnt work

It doesn't work for me neither. Is it something about the firmware version?

Guys, it worked for me. I'd never kid about something like this. I wish it worked for you. I'm in India and got this recently. Not sure if what you get in your country has a different firmware. How do I check what firmware I have?

I've upgraded my firmware as described here :

http://www.avforums.com/forums/dvd-...vd-h1080-firmware-upgrade-3.html#post10673618

And then I tried the code again but........No success again.

Well, I don't know what to do now, maybe it is really impossible.

Guys, it worked for me. I'd never kid about something like this. I wish it worked for you. I'm in India and got this recently. Not sure if what you get in your country has a different firmware. How do I check what firmware I have?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom