samsung dv USB not recognised by XP

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by stevedexter, Oct 24, 2002.

1. stevedexter

stevedexter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a new Samsung mini dv camcorder (VP87DI) with memory stick for digital stills, but when camera is connected to a good spec PC with windows XP via USB, the computer will not recogonise the camera and I cant get anything into PC. This is rather frustrating. Any suggestions greatly apreaciated.

2. kiwiranger

kiwiranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1st suggestion would be to goto the Samsung website and see if there are any WinXP / Win2K drivers for your camera, or Samsung MiniDV cameras in general.

3. stevedexter

stevedexter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx kiwiranger I apreaciate your suggestion; I tried looking for the drivers at their website but not able to find them...I tried instaling the ones suplied with the camera but they dont seem to work; I was told by the camera salesman that the camera was compatable with Windows XP but wonder if he was wrong. I dont know if the camera is compatable or if i am doing something wrong...Samsung dont seem to be much help and havent replied to my email. Anyone got any more info or suggestions? cheers...