1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung DLP Settings

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by brett0004, Jun 24, 2005.

1. brett0004

brett0004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems that this model is pretty popular, as a matter of interest what are your picture settings, I have set my SP50L3H as Kableman suggested with the colour down slightly, and am pretty happy so far.

Cinema, contrast 85, brightness 57, sharpness 57, colour 47, dig nr off, dnie on, colour tone (warm 1) greyed out.

2. brett0004

brett0004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone

3. KableMan

KableMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hey brett :hiya: I'm glad you found my settings useful :) Cinema mode is the key - it seems darker at first compared with the default Standard settings on initial power-up but give it a little while to adjust and you'll never look back. Cinema mode seems to bring out the best colour rendition - rich vibrant reds, blues and greens and the skin tones are excellent. I arrived at the other settings based on the Star Wars THX video calibration - so I recommend using it to make fine adjustments to suit your tastes.

I did have a very slight green tint issue via HDMI on some DVDs but I found that by changing my DVD player (HD850) to use YCbCr (4:2:2) I was able to virtually eliminate it. I noticed that the green tint (if you get it at all) appears worse within the noise in an image so the poorer the picture quality (especially poor compression) the more the noise and the greater the green tint. Also if you are using an upscaling DVD player like the HD850 and you upscale an average DVD this will also increase the likely hood of green tint. By adjusting the colour range output from the DVD player you can eliminate these issues and stick to 576p or 480p rather than 720p or higher on these discs. LOTR ROTK looks fantastic at 720p or 1080i and no green tint at all.

I've not noticed any issues on HD via HDMI and I've watched a lot of it lately :smashin:

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    KableMan

PS. My settings are as Brett's but colour 50 as default.