1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung DLP Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by JTDLP, Oct 18, 2005.

1. JTDLP

JTDLP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently purchased the 46in Samsung DLP and after about 2 months I started noticing what I think is a problem but maybe you guys can confirm it.

When I watch cable or DVD's, it almost seems like the refresh rate is messed up. If you see someone close up talking, parts of their face are moving at different speeds. It's almost like it takes a second for the right side of the screen to catch up with the left side. I guess a good example would be that it seems like the image is melting or liquid. Does this make any sense? As you can see I'm not technical at all but this is really starting to annoy me and I am considering taking the TV back and getting something else.

2. damned

damned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Try turning DNIe off.

3. JTDLP

JTDLP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All I can find is the DNIe demo function. How do you turn it completely off? My other comment was that the TV was too close to the wall and that these screen issues could be caused by the unit overheating.

4. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Noticed that you're based in the US, and understand that you cannot turn DINe off on the US sets. Note that these forums are mainly UK based. What model number is your TV? I think you can go into the SM to turn DNIe off on the US models.