1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Digimax 3100 any good?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by huwg, Oct 27, 2004.

1. huwg

huwg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Hi,
    I've got a Boots voucher lasting just 1 week which lets me get the Samsung Digimax 3100 for £90 (from 179.99). - I can't see much about it on the web.
    Has anyone got any opinions of this camera?
    is it worthwhile?
    is £90 a bargain?
    etc......

I'm a complete novice, we have the Kodak T700 APS camera which we think is great, but this is an opportunity to join the digital revolution.

Voucher runs out on 31st Oct 2004, so advice urgently required.

Cheers

2. MikeRJ

MikeRJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's quite a new camera, no reviews that I can find, and not much information even on Samsungs website so I can;t comment too much on picture quality etc. However, Samsungs cameras are generaly pretty good, if not class leading.

It has a pretty decent specification for a compact digital camera, 3.2megapixel, 3x optical zoom. Seems to have a good macro capability (5cm). Samsung website does not mention what kind of memory it uses, just says "Multi card memory slot", so perhaps it takes more than one type?

For £179.99 it's overpriced, but at £90 I'd say it's not a bad deal.

3. diegoag

diegoag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is a good camera but I'm not an expert. The problem is that I think it wastes too much batteries, I don't know which ones are more powerful or if there is a Lithium battery for this camera because it would be interesting. Do you know which are the batteries that could fit better in the Samsung Digimax 3100 (or 370?)
    Thank you

4. pauliepie

pauliepie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would buy it for £90 and give it to your wife/partner for christmas and say it cost you £180 which you can use it as well, the best of both worlds :laugh:

5. slobapet

slobapet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Samsung digimax 370 and it's not too bad for price his got. With 2300mh bateries I can take up to 100-120 pics with few movie clips. Daylight pictures are great but with night I got some problems.
    For more mail me to sloba_nis@yahoo.com

6. diegoag

diegoag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I was wandering about the digimax 370 and I'd like to ask you if it's possible to use this cam as a web cam. Cheers.
    Diego

7. diegoag

diegoag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry, wondering

8. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well those vouchers would save you £90 elsewhere mate in xmas presents. So really i'd use the money for perfume and stuff like that, and get a better camera for around

Many better cameras out there round that price.

9. diegoag

diegoag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but I think this is a good camera for £90 and I still haven't found a camera with the same characteristics for a similar price. It has many options and the macro is great. The only problem are the batteries but is not difficult to have two charged sets. :smashin: